Chapter XXIII: Discussions

Here's your chapter. I really enjoyed writing this. Hope you guys will enjoy reading it.
*********
Sirius flexed his arm and was satisfied when the pain was negligible. Madam Pomfrey had healed it almost completely and now all that remained were two fang shaped imprints on his arm. Harry was still asleep from the effects of the potions. He strolled over to the boy's bed and brushed the hair away from Harry's eyes. The slash that Voldemort had made on Harry's cheek had been reduced to a faint scar. Tracing the faint white line with his finger, he recalled the rage that he had felt when Tom Riddle had hurt Harry. Anger. That was one of the main emotions in Sirius' mind at present. There was anger at Voldemort for harming Harry, anger at his son for recklessly rushing into danger and lastly, anger directed towards himself for not getting to his pup sooner.

Poppy told him that it would take another half an hour or so for Harry to wake up so he went back to his quarters, took a nice hot shower and pulled on a fresh set of robes. He felt much better already. When he came outside, there was a letter waiting for him on his nightstand. He opened it and read through the contents. It was a letter from Rufus Scrimgeour, head of the Auror department. It was an invitation,  more of a request actually, to rejoin as an Auror. Sirius knew what his answer would be this time. 

Well, one more issue to discuss with Dumbledore. Sirius tucked the letter into his pocket and went back to the hospital wing. Harry should've woken up by now.
********

Harry was currently sitting on the bed, feeling alright. He brushed his fingers against his cheek where Voldemort had cut it and felt only a small cut. His elbow had been bandaged where he'd banged it against the rock.

He was fine on the outside. On the inside, it was a whole different story. To say that he wasn't looking forward to the conversation between him and Sirius would be understating things. He had absolutely no explanation for what he and done. The only good part of his adventure was that everyone had been relatively unhurt.

There was a knock against the doorframe and Harry looked up to see Sirius standing there. Harry braced himself for his dad to come inside and start yelling. He expected nothing short of a very vocal telling off. "Ron and Ginny are fine." Of all the things he'd expected his father to say, this wasn't one of them. "Poppy said you can leave in an hour or so. We need to go and talk to Dumbledore after that. He retrieved this for you." Sirius placed Harry's wand on the table beside the bed. The room was silent for a few minutes.

"I shall admit, I didn't expect this from you." Harry almost sighed with relief when Sirius said that. Finally. The distant way in which his father was talking to him was unnerving. "I'm so–"

"I'm not quite finished yet Harry. I've only just started. So please, listen." Gulping, Harry nodded. "First of all, I want to tell you that I'm proud of what you did to save Ginny. The same cannot be said regarding the way you went about it. You didn't tell me about the diary. I got that from Voldemort. Voldemort of all people! Imagine Voldemort telling me things that are supposed to come from you. How many times have we discussed this Harry James? You're not to keep things from me. I've never done that to you, neither have I ever lied to you. Yet you do it. Repeatedly."

"I'm sorry, Dad." Harry whispered. He was pretty sure that they weren't even halfway through and he felt horrible already. The sharpness in his father's voice was something he rarely heard but never wanted to hear again.

"Are you? I really don't think so. I've lost count of the number of times I've told you to stay out of danger. We've been over this a lot and yet young man, here we are, having this discussion. Again. What do I have to do to make you understand that what you did– what you always do, is not okay!"