Chapter 3 [x]

My mind races for any memory of this Harry that Zayn spoke about. I don't remember his name being brought up in the broadcasts that Zayn put out during the takeover.

"Your highness" A guard standing in the entrance bows, his eyes darting between the King and I.

"Where is Harry? I asked-"

"Right here and you're insufferably impatient" I turn to the man that's entering the room, immediately thrown by his casual appearance. His hair is messily styled in a mop of curls. He wasn't wearing all black, instead dressed in a button down white shirt with dark washed jeans and brown suede boots. I find myself drawn to his piercing green eyes as he comes closer to us.

He only looks at Zayn for a moment before his eyes land on me and I stand by confused as a array of emotions clearly cross over the man's face. Confusion, shock, pain, back to confusion...

"Clearly-"

"How is she?" Harry cuts Zayn off, much to my surprise.

"I don't know"

"They are exactly the same," Harry steps closer causing me to tense up. "Don't worry love, I have no intention of harming you at the moment." He spoke with a smile on his face. I stayed silent and as still as I possibly could.

"Do you speak?" Zayn mutters.

"Y-yeah. Sorry." The words came out almost mute, but he rolled his eyes, signalling he heard.

"You must be so lost." Harry said, a menacing grin forming on his face.

"I am."

"What about exactly?"

"I'm confused on why I'm not dead and why I'm here." I say.

"Maybe I'm having a moment of kindness." The King replies. My expression must have given my thoughts away because he only laughed. "Of course I'm not."

"You don't have any concerns other than why you're still alive?" Harry asks me.

"I'm wondering what is making me different than the rest of the, er, girls."

"Your face." Zayn spoke up, his face settling back into that unnerving glare he seems to have mastered.

"Let's just say you remind us of someone near and dear to our past." Harry turns around to face Zayn. "So what's the plan?"

"She might be of use to us." Zayn replies. Use? To them? My heart starts to race as I consider what he means. Would I be a living blood bag? Would they rape me? I know there can't be many options for my future. If I really was going to have one past today.

It's a miracle I'm still alive and for some reason I'm standing in the castle of the Vampire devil himself and a friend of his. I found it humorous he even had one, I had always assumed he was a insufferable being.

I had gathered that I looked like someone they knew, Harry has said that much. I wonder how far back were talking though, 5 years, 50, 100? I don't know how anyone could like similar to me though, my family has no lineage of twins.

"Lets take her to one of the rooms upstairs until we need her." Harry suggests.

"Perfect." Zayn responds. "How about you fill her in on our rules and why she's here in more detail so we're clear. I need to finish my daily activity." I watch in disgust as he flashes me a cruel smirk and disappears out of the doors we had just come through.

"Right this way." Harry says turning his back to me. I take a long look at the door Zayn left open, judging my chances of escape. They don't look good. In defeat I decided to follow the bloodsucker.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Why is that any of your concern?" I ask.

"You may want to watch that tongue of yours. It could cost you."

"My chances of living past this week are low anyhow."

"Just tell me what you're name is."

"It's Mackenzie."

"Welcome to your new home then, Mackenzie."

"Thanks, I'm so excited to be here." I mutter. I hear him snicker in front of me.

"I'm Harry."

"I already know your name. Zayn said it back there."

"You weren't this snippy back there."

"I was in shock."

"So your normally rude if your not taken by surprise?"

"No I just don't want to be here."

"Well get used to it love and you really need to watch the mouth. Zayn will not be as nice." I roll my eyes at his threat, huffing as we continue up the stairs. I did want to try and escape so I can't get myself into to much trouble. I don't know how important I am to whatever twisted plan they had for me.

"So what are you, a wing man or something?"

"No I'm a Lord."

"I've never seen you before."

"I stay out of your human media."

"So people call you Lord Harry?"

"Yes but you can just call me Harry."

"Ok."

"Were going to your new room and from there one of our servants will be able to provide you with your personal needs. Any questions?" Harry asks as we reach a hallway.

"How come I'm here, what is the plan for me?"

"Sorry I don't think I should answer that one but I must admit your ridiculous similarity to a girl we once knew is uncanny."

"Nobody in my family looks like me."

"Not your immediate family. A distant, distant member."

"How long ago?"

"Too many centuries ago for you to process in that little head of yours."

"So because I look like someone I'm alive?"

"You are what we call a doppelganger in the supernatural world. Zayn has been looking for one, but apparently they are hard to come by. Your blood is a powerful tool in our world."

"So you need me alive then?"

"Yes but don't think that gives you free reign to misbehave. Zayn will have no problem breaking a few of your body parts."

I said nothing, a little unsettled by his words. It wasn't hard to imagine Zayn snapping my leg, or my neck for that matter.

"Oh and don't try to run. That would be incredibly stupid." Harry added, swinging open a door and stepping aside. "Here's your room."

I step inside, admiring the large room in front of me. There is a massive bed taking up the center of the room. Dressers and a TV stand take the rest of the wall space. Double doors are on one side of the room leading to a walk in closet.

"Um, what is this?"

"We like nice things here and want our guests to be comfortable."

"A guest would mean I want to be here."

"Would you prefer the prison cells?"

"No."

"Then don't complain. I will be sending someone to your room to help you get settled." I sit on the bed then, watching as Harry begins to close the door. At the last second his head pops back in the room. "Oh and for your sake don't cross Zayn. It never ends well."