Chapter 10 Guarding the Kid.

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Bub, where do I sleep and where's the kitchen?"

Albus said goodbye to Charles, who left shortly after Logan came back. He got up and lead Logan to the kitchen first. The kitchen is located directly under the Great Hall, down the staircase leading to the Hufflepuff Basement. As they made their way down to the kitchen, Albus had to look behind him to make sure Logan was still there. Logan made no noise of any kind, it creeped Albus out a little bit for a man his size to be so silent. In the corridor outside, they stand in front of a painting of a bowl of fruit; one such fruit is a pear.

Logan quirked an eyebrow, "Okay, so where's the kitchen?

Albus tickles the pear, it suddenly  squirms, laughs, and then it  transformed into a green door-knob, hence revealing the doorway.

Logan crossed his arms over his chest, "That's just weird."

Albus smiled and lead Logan inside, there inside Logan saw small creatures with big eyes and bat-like ears, bustling about preparing food.

"What the hell are these things?" Logan asks.

"These are House Elves, they are the servant here at Hogwarts."

"Well, judging by their so called clothes they seem to be slaves more than servant." Logan huffs.

"Be that as it may, the elves will get you anything you want."

"I don't need anyone waiting on me, pal, I only need access to the kitchen, I can take care of myself."

"It would be better to use the elves, they can get around a lot easier and faster than you. All you need to do is call and they will come to you.

"Fine, whatever." Logan tell him.

Albus informs the elves that Logan will be staying with them for a time and they should get him whatever he needs.

After showing him where the kitchen is, Albus took him to a room just off the corridor that lead to Gryffindor Tower. Logan went in, it was a lot bigger than he thought it would be. There was a large comfortable looking couch in front of a nice fire place with a cozy fire already burning. He went to his room and discovered a king size four post bed, he put his duffle bag down on the bed and went  back out to Dumbledore.

"This is a very nice, room, Bub, this will do just fine."

"The only problem with this room, Mr. Logan, is that students will be going by all the time, will you be able to sneak out and follow Alina?"

"I don't have to be right on her tail to follow her, I can track her by her scent anywhere in this castle, I already knew her dorm was up that maze of stairs you got.

"You can really track her on scent alone?"

"Yeah sure, no problem, I'll also be able to tell if and when Sabertooth gets close to the castle. I'll either smell him or hear him first."

Albus was astonished, never in his life had he heard of anyone with abilities like that, not to mention the  claws.

"Well, Mr. Logan I'll let you get settled, classes start early so get some rest."

"Yeah, yeah, Bub, don't worry about me."

"Goodnight then." Albus tells Logan, then leaves.

Logan went and layed down on the bed, pulled a cigar out of his jacket and lights it, taking a nice long drag. His stomach growled, Logan gets up and leaves his room, quietly heading towards the kitchen. He got to the painting and tickles the pear. The pear begins laughing and wiggling, Logan stood back as the green door knob appears.