Opportunities: Mission

Chaos total ,utter chaos.

Everything that had a chance to go wrong ,did.

Alex was deep inside the enemy's territory ,with  two conscious mate and with two wounded. Helicopter crashed,pilots dead.It came like lightning,they couldn't even arrived to their destination to carry out their orders ,the helicopter was shot down and they touched the ground so hard and fast it was only luck he's still alive.Pure luck that some men of the team were still alive and functional.

Looking around searching for cover in the mountains while carrying his mate on his back. The night was dangerously close and darkness started to surround the three walking men .Each of them carrying a mate or the remained supplies,bleeding but still trying.Never give up , it's in their minds in their brains planted deeply .Even if their bodies crying for rest and aching from pain in every pore they are soldiers. Not men not humans, but machines.'When your will is not strong enough ,you just have to stop thinking soldier!You are just a body in the hands of the government a machine to carry out the orders !Do you understand soldier?!' Alex mind was sank deep in the past .He trailed back to his  training where he learned to fight to survive to kill and be nothing else but a tool.

" Bull !"The man came to his senses and turned to his mate."Look at 1200."Rocket indicated with his chin in the way of a couple of rock . "A cave!"

Alex turned to look and indeed a cave, it could be used as a shelter. "Josh ,go and check the surroundings."

His team mate who carried the supplies they could save from the helicopter before it burned down,nodded and fastened his walk ,strong grip on his assault riffle .

"No!"Alex wanted slap himself for shouting that loud.Professionalism get it together man."Use ASEK or M9.Don't fucking tell everybody where we are with firing if their is a resistance. Take care of anybody quietly and fast.We have to move in and warm ourselves up."

Josh looked apologetic for his mistake and moved facilely forward ,noiseless.Hands on his knife,on his sweet lovely Bayonet.

Checking the surrounding once, twice, not a soul near the cave. To the sign Alex and Rocket started to move too ,quickly and as quietly as they could .

Trying to not shake their groaning mates bodies with the run  without success.

Once they were inside and made sure the resting place for the night was secured Alex and Rocket took the time to tend the wounds of the suffering ,mostly unconscious men they carried for hours.

The casualties were bad enough to sabotage their mission.Without Happy Kid, their sniper and Dave their spotter, it was pointless to try anything.And the most urging thing was now to call help somehow, and get in the best military hospital his team mates before it's too late,wounds got easily infected .

Happy kid was the unfortunate owner of a heavy,bleeding  cut  all across his torso ,it went deep and it didn't looked good at all.

Dave had a dislocated shoulder,most likely a broken hand and a head-wound that made Rocket worry, and Alex was uneasy too, when he watched and learned the purple and blue shadows on the pale man head.He hoped the skull and the brain didn't damaged in any way,Dave was one unlucky fucker if it did.They gave the men medication and patched ourselves up too.

They agreed to take watch in turns through the night.

The men made makeshift bed from sleeping beds after covering the wounded ones.Rocket was the first watchman giving a chance to have a rest to Alex and Josh .

Alex leaned his back against the wall of the cave ,with his riffle so close ,he  could almost caress it. Touching his shoulders, arms and his right leg, sat down Josh .Warmness was a precious gift in the cold and cruel night. "Think of nice and warm things ,yes?" Josh stated with a very tired grin but only get a nod as an answer.