Nineteen: Finally Leaving

Back to Lukas' POV

It was early in the morning when I was myself again, mostly myself.

Alex and my dad explained to me how I woke up (which I remember some of) after my surgery and how I seemed fine until I ended up having a seizure, which I obviously don't remember. It shocked me that I'd had a seizure because I've never had one before. However, I have seen one and quite frankly they're scary, so it hurts me to know that my dad, my best friend and my boyfriend all saw it happen.

Then after the seizure when I woke up again, they also informed me that I seemed 'out of it' until I feel back asleep again. I also don't remember any of that. Amy had left soon after I fell asleep again.

It was now midday and I was alone in the hospital watching TV, as Alex had to check up on things at the company, while dad left the hospital to go home and pick up some pyjamas, clothes, toothbrush and other stuff for me.

I sat alone for a few hours, without my phone. I didn't even know where it was, I'm pretty sure I left it at the restaurant.

Soon after, the alone feeling didn't last as Alex walked into the room, a wide smile on his face.

"How are you feeling today?" Alex asked me as he sat on the hospital bed with me.

"Better, but it still hurts." I said, referring to the stab wound on my stomach. Alex nodded and smiled softly at me, before pulling something out of a plastic bag he was holding. It was box shaped, wrapped in some colourful wrapping paper. I frowned at Alex as he handed me the wrapped up box. I ripped off the wrapping paper, my eyes widening as I gasped.

"Alex, no. I can't accept that-"

"I smashed your other one, so I thought you could use a new one." He said as we both looked down at a brand new iPhone in my hand. I sighed, feeling guilty.

"Thank you." I thanked him, my smile mixing with the look of guilt on my face. I pulled him into a hug, then pulled away a few seconds later and kissed him. My dad walked into the room a few minutes after that with a bag full of my things.

"What's that?" Asked dad, frowning as he pointed at my phone.

"It's a phone, dad." I said sarcastically, a grin on my face.

Dad shook his head, "no I mean, where did you-did you get him that?" Dad asked Alex. Smiling, Alex nodded.

"What did you buy him that for?" Dad asked, a grin mixed with a frown planted on his face.

"I broke his other one, by accident, so I thought to make him feel better I could buy him a new one." Alex explained, a small smile on his face.

He could've just paid to get my screen fixed but...whatever.

Dad didn't get a chance to reply as a nurse knocked on the door. We all looked over at the nurse, who had an awkward look on her face.

"The police are asking for Lukas again. Do you want me to bring them in or get rid of them?" Asked the nurse.

"Tell them to leave-"

"No, let them in, they're just doing their job and need to get this done. I would also love for this to be over as soon as possible." I said, interrupting my dad.

The nurse nodded and left, then came back a minute later with two police officers.

"Good afternoon Lukas, are you okay?" One of the police officers asked politely.

"Not really," I began, a polite smile on my face, "but thanks."

The police officer nodded awkwardly and began speaking. "Firstly, we'd like to tell you that the knife that was left in you unfortunately didn't have any fingerprints on, which makes this much harder." The officer told me. I sighed in defeat. I knew it wouldn't be this easy.