Chapter 17

a/n:    This chapter is dedicated to my SOTUS fam. You guys know who you are! :-*

Song for the chapter ^^ (lyrics *.*)

Arthit watched as his hand of its own accord grabbed the red tie and he followed it by kissing Kongphob.

*

Kongphob had been terrified when Arthit had asked him if he had any feelings for the latter and relieved when the older boy dismissed his own question. He had not been ready to confess. He had not prepared himself for the eventual heartbreak never mind that it happened anyway. Arthit avoiding him had been too much of a coincidence to not be it. When Arthit refused to take his own books from him, Kongphob just knew Arthit had heard what had not been meant for his ears.

Then, Kongphob had that conversation with Em. He knew his classmate had been talking about Mei. Kongphob wasn't blind to Em's obvious liking for Mei and he wouldn't never do anything to get between his friend and their love interest. Besides, he wouldn't either encourage Mei, give her hopes only to break her heart later. A few hours later, Mei did confess to him and he turned her down just like he had said Em he would. Also, Mei was his friend. He wouldn't ever do that to her. He knew what it felt like. Even if Kongphob before that night never explicitly said a certain third year about his feelings, he had been obvious enough to let the other catch up on it without needing any other prompting. Kongphob knew Arthit knew the former had feelings for the raven-haired boy but by voicing his thoughts, perhaps, the older boy had come to his senses and was avoiding him.

Could there be a possibility that Arthit was disgusted by him now?

It didn't feel that way to him though but he couldn't ever tell for sure with Arthit. Then, he saw Arthit with his former love chatting animatedly, the both of them.

Seeing both of them at the same table, talking so happily when Arthit was avoiding him pained Kongphob. The freshman decided to keep distance from the other. If he saw the other while crossing each other on the corridors, at the cafeteria, the library, Kongphob walked straight without turning his face, without acknowledging the other boy. If others were there with him, he always greeted Arthit not wishing to disrespect him in front of others. If he saw Arthit standing at the balcony, Kongphob would pretend he never saw the other. If he saw the third year look at him in confusion, the freshman ignored it. He was going to give Arthit all the space he needed and give himself the time too. So, he avoided him.

After Arthit recovered from the sudden bout of sickness he had fallen into and returned to the university, Kongphob went back to ignoring him. One time he caught the flash of hurt in Arthit's eyes when he called the other 'kao'. It was something which had seemed right at that moment but seeing Arthit so anguished caused him distress. Kongphob, however, didn't know how to take his words back and walked away from the boy he loved with determined steps.

Seeing Arthit in a black suit and red tie soared his heart - Arthit was the most beautiful sight in his eyes. Kongphob suspected it would remain that way. He had after all taken only an hour to contemplate on whether he liked Arthit Rojnapat, another boy. Having decided it was love that he was feeling for the other and definitely nothing platonic, Kongphob had decided to pursue the matters of his heart with sincerity.