--66-- For Humera

||

It's absolutely crazy how fast you can fall in love with someone. Whether it be their personality, their looks, their laugh, or their voice that wins you over. It doesn't matter. Once you been quote-unquote "shot with Cupid's arrow", there's no turning back...except when you get complete and utter heartbreak...and I didn't want that to happen.

Her eyes had locked with mine a few times tonight, but I never had the courage to go up to her and talk to her. The other problem was...she was with someone else tonight. I didn't know if the lad was her boyfriend or brother, but she sure was holding onto him tightly.

"You know...if you want to talk to her...just do it already, Harry."

I looked to my right and saw an old friend of mine. In fact, she used to be my girlfriend.

"B-but I don't know what to even say to her."

"Why don't you start with "hello, my name is Harry" and go from there?" she began pushing me in the direction of the girl, "Oh, and her name is Humera."

She stopped pushing me and walked away. When I faced forward, Humera was no longer there, but the lad she was with still was.

"Uh...excuse me," I started as I approached the guy, "Where did Humera go?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not her guardian. I'm just her brother. So if you see her, tell her I'm going home cause this party is lame."

Then he left. So at least the weight of her being taken was off my shoulders, but now I had to find her. I started walking around the house and when I couldn't find her, I decided to check outside. This house was built on a lake so when I saw a figure on the dock, I immediately ran onto it. But when I got to the person sitting on the dock, it wasn't Humera...in fact, it wasn't anything at all. I had seen something that wasn't really there.

"Man am I losing it," I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Were you looking for me?"

I quickly turned around and saw her; it was Humera. She had a cup of what I assumed to be hot cocoa in her hands.

"Uh...yeah...yeah, I was."

I began to nervously laugh and a small smile spread across her face.

"I've seen you eyeing me all night..."

My eyes widened.

"Don't worry...you're pretty hard to look away from."

She giggled.

"M-my name is Harry."

She took a sip from her cup then placed it on the dock.

"Mine's Humera..."

She held out her left hand and I slowly shook it; her eyes never left mine and I got nervous all over again.

"You're trembling, Harry? Are you okay?" she asked.

I took my hand away from hers and nodded quickly.

"Oh yeah," I gulped, "Of course...of course I am."

Humera took a step towards me and I stepped back.

"You don't seem so sure..."

She took another step forward and I took another step back.

"Are you getting nervous, Harry?"

One more step towards me made me take one more step back, except, there wasn't anymore dock left. I fell off the dock and into the cold water. Humera was bent over laughing.

"This...this isn't funny," I said.

"I really think it is. I'm all dry and you're all wet. You're a nervous mess. This is quite hilarious."

I pouted and she stopped laughing.

"Oh, c'mon, Harry. Laugh a little."

But I didn't. Humera sighed then got on her knees and held out her hand.

"Let me help you out of the water..."

I grabbed onto her hand only to pull her into the water with me. She screamed while I was laughing.

"Now that's funny," I chuckled.

She continued screaming and I gently grabbed onto her waist and pulled her against my chest. Humera was no longer screaming. In fact, the only thing I did hear now was her heavily breathing and the water moving around us.

"Harry?" she whispered.

"Yeah?"

I waited for her to answer, but instead she brought her lips to mine. Her lips were cold from the water and she had pulled back as soon as our lips had touched.

"I...I don't know what came over me..." she admitted.

"And neither do I," I said before reattaching our lips.

Her hands had grasped my wet shirt so she could pull herself closer. And when she pulled back this time, she was smiling.

"I didn't think this was going to happen tonight," Humera whispered.

"What? Kissing me or being pulled into the lake with your clothes on?" I asked.

"Both."

We began laughing but stopped when Humera began frowning.

"I should probably go. My brother is probably going mental..."

I helped her onto the dock then pulled myself up.

"He...he actually left awhile ago, Humera..."

She began to squeeze the water out of her clothes and hair the best she could.

"Oh. Well, some brother he is. Now I need a ride home..."

"Y-you can stay here...if you want to..."

Humera quickly turned around and stared at me with wide eyes.

"This is my house after all..."

It looked like her eyes grew wider.

"I'm not trying to force anything on you. If you don't feel comfortable staying here, I'll--"

But Humera pressed her lips to mine so I couldn't finish speaking.

"I'd love to stay here...just for tonight. Then I'll be gone in the morning...I promise."

I slightly smiled.

"By the way, that ex-girlfriend of yours...says you fancy me..." she giggled.

"Well...it's true..." I said proudly.

"Good. Cause I like you too."

-----------

Sorry for the long wait

(I'm not taking requests right now)

-Ari Horan-