Chapter 1: A new beginning

ابدأ من البداية

The baby was wailing a lot.

"Ya Allah, what's wrong with this little one? Can you feed him. Maybe he's hungry. Don't let the child cry so much. Its an inauspicious omen to hear the children cry for so long," her spoke softly.

Let the Arab women come up with omens and myths about the littlest things that happened in the house.

"Okay, I think he's too tired and he hadn't slept for the entire afternoon. Lemme put him to sleep and see if he will be okay," Rima responded rocking the baby energetically.

Dearest soul of mine,

I am tired of bearing this punishment which seems never to put an end in my world. I have tried to move on but his memories still linger in my head. They say Time will heal...

But these scars shall always show what I felt
Wounds of the heart are always deep as they are always dug to make people bleed to eternity

Even eternity has an end
Maybe the end is too far for me to survive. I want to forget about it but Jamal reminds me of him whenever I cast a glance at him I feel so broken and every part of my heart seems to bleed to death.

I feel suffocated at times and wish that I never existed on the face of earth. Is it my punishment that I listened to my father.. Or is it my punishment that I sacrificed all for the sake of pleasing my father? Why am I being punished for all of this? I cannot blame baba on it because he wished the best for me..I am now a mother.. A weak mother who does not know what to do. But I promise.. I shall never bow down to any mortal because my keeper is Allah...in him I put my trust.

She was weak. There were a few scars around her neck, some marks on her back and a few of them on her hands. She was trying to survive the memories that haunted her and all thanks to her ex husband, he inscribed the wounds pretty well, he used to beat her up and leave it up to him to starve his wife in other days.
______________________________________                                

Assalaam Aleikum

This my first book please be kind enough to let me know your views and comments..

Please vote for every chapter and pardon all grammatical mistakes as err is to human

Jazakumullah khayr<3