Alex Dominador

"Hey kid! You performed absolutely amazing." this man named Alex Dominador said to me after the game, catching my attention. "I am a college scout, and you are a force to be reckoned with when you are out there on the court." he added. "So what do you mean?" I asked. "I am telling you that we want you in our school." he answered. "Only a few tweaks on your play will be enough to make you our MVP." "And I can assure you that, including a trip to the PBA Draft." he said, trying to convince me. "I will think about it." I said, then he handed me his calling card. I proceeded to celebrate with my teammates after the conversation. 

                       I wake up, already in my room. I looked at my clock. It was already 7:27 in the morning. I decided to call Emma. The conversation goes like this:

Me: Good Morning Beautiful!

Emma: Good Morning!

Me: Are you busy tonight?

Emma: Yeah.

Me: Oh, I was just wondering.

Emma: I'm just gonna do little things tonight, and I'll be free already, so it's fine.

Me: I was just wondering if I can take you out to dinner.

Emma: Yeah sure.

Me: You can set the time if you want to... And also the restaurant.

Emma: Ummm... About 8 o'clock I guess. At any restaurant that is quiet. I'm fine with that.

Me: Text you later.

                         "Yes!" I shouted as loud as how a lottery winner would. I was just so happy. I was already courting her for 3 years since my freshman year. I get out of my room to see my parents. They were eating breakfast. I asked them if they could stay with me for a while. They said they can so I go ahead and call the college scout. Our conversation goes like this:

Alex: Hello, this is Alex Dominador, how can I help you?

Me: Hey bro, this is uh, Franco Brown.

Alex: Oh yeah, that amazing champion from the game last night. So how are things going?

Me: Well actually, I have my parents beside me.

Alex: Okay, so, good morning Mr. and Mrs. Brown.

Parents: Good morning.

Alex: So, right beside you, is your son, which can be a phenomenal basketball player for the years to come. All that we want here, is to help your son to be better at the game to make him prepared for the PBA league and at the same time, to help us win championships in yearly tournaments in the college level, so this sounds like mutualism between us.

Dad: Where is this school that you are talking about?

Alex: We're from a new school in Manila, trying to get our hopes up to get to the UAAP.

Mom: Wait, as we talk about it for a while.

Mom: It's complicated. You are going to stay away from our house for maybe four years.

Dad: But if you really want to pursue your dreams, we can contact our relatives if you can stay in their houses for a while.

Me: All my life, I really wanted to play basketball at the professional level. And considering all the consequences, I choose to go ahead.

Dad: We, support your decision and will always support you no matter what.

Me: So you've heard that, Mr. Dominador.

Alex: I guess it's a deal then.

Me: Yes it is.

                      Still puzzled by my decision, I started to think about everything that I will leave behind. That includes my family, my friends, the fresh air that blows upon my face early in the morning, and of course, Emma. I will miss everything that this province can offer. I still can't believe that this date will be the first and the last one or maybe it's not even a date. 

                         I go ahead and go to the rendezvous that was planned earlier and texted Emma where to go. She replied with a simple, "Okay." I waited for her just for a while and she already came. I started the conversation. "What if I was leaving today, never to know if I would ever be the same person when I come back?" I said. "I would be very sad. You were a good friend for years already. I'm afraid of change. I'm afraid that my relationship with people that I love will eventually fade.I tell her what's about to happen. "I'm sorry Emma, I got to leave." I said. "Okay, hank-" "No, I mean, leave for another place." I said stopping whatever she was saying. "But Franco, I love you! You're the only reason that I am smiling everyday, facing every problem on a positive note." she said, with tears running down from her eyes. "I'm sorry. I love you too. Thank you, for being the best a friend can be. I'll always love you, Emma. Goodbye." I said, with tears also running down from my eyes already. She was left there, trying to put an end to her emotions.