Living With Them (2)

Chapter 2 

I stare at Ben as if he magically sprouted two heads.

"You can't be serious.." I manage to say, despite the panic that is starting to bubble up in the pit of my stomach. I whip around to look at the boys. They seem just as shocked as I am. Ben lets out an uncomfortable sigh. "Why didn't you tell me?" I breathe in and out, trying to keep my cool. 

"Er... I sorta forgot," Ben scratches the back of his neck and his puppy-dog eyes beg for forgiveness. 

"Forget? How could you have forgotten?" I exclaim and instantly feel bad when the guys flinch from my outburst. I heave a sigh and place a hand on my forehead. "I'm sorry," I murmur. I try to manage a smile, to which only Ben and Blake return. Pierce looks at me with a bored expression and Colin is just leaning against the doorframe, studying me. 

"So, she's living with us?" I turn around and see that Blake has gotten up to put some games and DVD's away. 

"Yes. Audrey is going to live with you," Ben answers, emphasising my name. He glances at his watch and his eyes instantly grow bigger. "Crap. I have to get back to the diner," He gives me an apologetic look. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

We stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to do or say. Ben clears his throat, gives me a small nod, and rushes out of the door.

I turn back to the boys.

Now what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you cook?"

"Yes"

"Can you clean?"

"Yea"

"Do you have a job to pay your share?"

"Well.... I promise to find one."

Pierce is laying on his bed, watching me put my clothes away. Apparently, we're gonna be sharing a room. Pierce's room is a dark blue color, with the walls bare. Two beds and two wardrobes occupy the room. Pierce only used one bed and wardrobe so my areas were a little dusty. 

"Where do you work?" I ask him. Pierce is now staring at the ceiling, his arms crossed behind his head. 

"Starbucks," he answers. I give a small laugh, as I put away some shorts. "They actually pay really well," he defends, narrowing his eyes at me. I hold my hands up as if in surrender and go back to unpacking.

Blake pops his head into the room. "I got a hot-date. Be back later."

"Is it with Tori?" Pierce asks, wiggling his eyebrows. The tips of Blake's ears turn bright red. 

"Maybe," he answers stiffly, before darting out of the room. 

"What was that about?" I ask, finishing up putting my belongings away. 

"Blake has been having a major 'crush' on Tori since forever. They both work as a dentist's assistant. He finally had the guts to ask her out." Pierce chuckles.

"Good for him," I say, finally finishing. "Should I make some dinner?" 

"Sure, have fun," Pierce says, getting up and walking out the door.

I stare after him, feeling dumbstruck at his curt rudeness. I figured being the new roomie, they'd be a bit more welcoming and try to help ease my transition into living with them. I guess that's not going to be the case.

Once I walk out of the room, I notice Colin bent in front of the open fridge, a frown etched across his lips. 

"We seem to be out of food," he declares. He takes out a jug of milk and unscrews the top and takes a deep sniff. He makes a gagging noise and dumps out the chunky contents into the sink. I turn away so I don't puke in front of him. What kind of a first impression would that be?