Living With Them (5)

Just to be clear, Audrey's 18. Pierce is 19. And Colin & Blake are 20. (:

Oh and there's a picture of what Colin looks like at the side.

Enjoy!

Blake clears his throat. Pierce and the blonde are so into their little session that they don't hear. Impatiently, I stomp in and punch in the number 4. The doors close.

Pierce whips his head up at the sound of the closing door. He looks around the elevator, resting his eyes on me. He pushes away from the girl and shoves his hands into his pockets. The blonde whimpers and opens her eyes to see that she has company. Blushing, she ducks behind Pierce.

"Who's your friend, Pierce?" Blake asks, motioning to the girl.

"Uh.."

"Bella. My name's Bella," she offers a small smile.

"You two going off on a date?" I ask, my voice coming out colder than I intended.

Pierce catches my harsh tone and smirks. "Yea, we're going to a dinner and a movie,"

"How original," I roll my eyes. "Have fun lovebirds!" The doors open to our floor and I eagerly hop out. I hear Pierce chuckle as the elevator doors close.

"Someone seems jealous," an amused voice makes me jump. I completely forgot that Blake was with me.

"Not me, that's for sure," I answer, fumbling with my key.

"Oh yes, yes it was. Does Audrey like Pierce?" Blake gasps, pressing a hand to his mouth. He's being so dramatic, I think as I roll my eyes.

I open the door and immediately smell some Chinese takeout. Blake smells it too and tilts his nose to the air and follows the scent. We find Colin in the kitchen, setting plates on the table.

"What is this?" I ask.

Colin beams. "I got the job, Princess!" He lifts me into the air and spins me in circles. I laugh as he sets me down.

"You did? Great job man," Blake fist bumps Colin as he picks a piece of orange chicken and pops it into his mouth.

"And all this is to celebrate!" he beams, piling food onto his plate.

"Congratulations, Colin," I take a seat next to him.

His smile never wavers. "Yea, the bar's sick. So are the lights and drinks. And-"

Colin keeps talking, happiness glowing out of him. I tune him out, my thoughts swirling around today's events. The broken cup at the diner. Fooling around at the park with Blake. Running into Pierce and Bella in the elevator. The thought of Pierce and Bella makes my stomach churn.

I push my plate away. "You know what, I'm not hungry anymore," Blake and Colin look concerned.

"Is there something wrong with the broccoli beef?" Colin asks through a mouth full of rice.

I shake my head. "No the foods good. I'm just not that hungry. I'm gonna shower then go to bed." I push back from the table and bid them goodnight. I take a quick shower, rubbing shampoo into my scalp. I dry myself off and put on my pajamas, then scurry into my room.

I sit on my bed and look over at Pierce's side. His bed's made, the corners tucked in tightly. Everything's organized in his room, probably to show off to Bella. I scoff at the thought and pull my covers over me.

Around 5 in the morning, I wake up a gasping, sweating mess-- much like the night before. I blink away the images of Bert and the countless men who used to wind up in my room. I glance at Pierce's bed. Empty. I push back the disappointment and get up. I need a glass of water.