She thinks about it trying to remember the time. "She said we could be there around 6:30 so...we should leave in about 2 hours."

"Ok" I nod, heading to my room right after.

I immediately get to work on my homework starting with AP psychology.

*******

When I finish all my homework, I check the time on my phone. It reads 6:00 p.m. Ok good. I still have time to get ready for tonights dinner.

I step away from my desk after putting all my school stuff away and head toward my closet to change.

After I walk in, I put my hand on the wall and try to feel my way toward the light switch. Once my hand touches the switch, I flick the switch up, causing the bulb to brighten up my closet.

After looking around, I decide on a white sundress that flows down to right above my knees and a light pink cardigan over. I take one last look in the mirror satisfied and head down stairs after grabbing my phone. When I get to the living room, I see that my mom is already ready.

"Ready to go?" she asks, once she notices my presence.

"Yeah." I answer. I look around and notice that dad isn't here. "Isn't dad coming?"

She shakes her head. "He has the late shift tonight and won't be home till later."

"But isn't this his like first day of work?" I ask confused.

She just shrugs. "It's the life of being a doctor"

I nod understandingly. I want to do become a doctor too. But a veterinarian. I absolutely love animals! I've always wanted to be one ever since I was in preschool.

"Lets go! We don't want to keep them waiting!" my mom pipes up.

I make my way to her car, opening the passenger door and closing it once I'm in. Since they live so close, the drive to their house takes only 15 minutes.

We park into their driveway and I look up at their house. It's about the same size as mine but the structure it's self is different and very beautiful. After getting out of the car, we make our way to the front door and ring the doorbell.

Not a few minutes later, a lady that's dressed in a black pantsuit opens the door with a welcoming smile.

"Amber!" she exclaims referring to my mom. "Come in, come in!" she says stepping to the side.

Her eyes avert to me and her eyes light up more. "You must be Elise! Your mother has told me so much about you!" the lady says giving me a hug.

I sheepishly smile. "I wish I could say same Mrs....?" I say not sure of what to call her since I don't know her name.

"Oh where is my manners? Sorry, my names Lidia!" she says once we pull away. "Follow me! I'll show you to the living room."

As we make our way to the living room, I take the time to look around at their beautiful house. Their walls have paintings that looks like it cost a fortune. The staircase leading up to the second floor is of white and gray marble. Dang...their rich.

Once we get to the living room, Lidia points to the couches, "Please, make yourself at home! Would you like something to drink? Dinners going to take a while."

"May I have a water please?" my mom asks.

Lidia nods and looks at me.

"I'll have the same, thank you."

"No problem! I'll be right back" and she walks off towards the kitchen. Soon after she leaves, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. When the person's face comes into view, I'm in complete shock at who the face belongs to.