10

Beyoncé
Two weeks until Onika's due date
"Baby I don't know what color to paint the room," Onika whined.

"I thought we agreed on light pink and baby blue." We had all the furniture and decorations ready but because Onika can't decide on what color to paint the room, it isn't ready and she's due in two weeks.

"I changed my mind."

"I already bought the paint." Our plan was to put the ultrasound picture of the boy on the wall we painted blue and do the same with the ultrasound picture of the girl.

"I don't like making decisions."

"We don't have time for you to delay the decisions, baby. Your too close to your due date for you to just up and make laborious decisions." She sighed and rubbed her stomach.

"These kid are going to soccer players, all this damn kicking." I laughed and she went to kitchen. I promise you that's her favorite room. Wait, no. Her favorite room is the bedroom. I heard a glass drop, confused I quickly got up.

"Beyoncé!" I rushed into the kitchen to see if everything was okay.

"Yes?"

"I think my water just broke."

"Oh ok." Like two weeks ago she thought it would be funny to fake contractions and her labor so I could come home and I wasn't even out. I was closing some deals I had made before she was pregnant.

"Beyoncé, I'm being for real this time."

"Oh shit." I grabbed her pre-made hospital bag and helped her into the car. The whole way to the hospital she was rightfully complaining about how bad it hurt. I hated to see her in pain. When we got there the nurse got Nicki a wheelchair and took her into the maternity ward. The midwife ran the bath for her water birth.

"Beyoncé, I never want to have children ever again," she whispered grabbing my hand so that I could help her into the tub.

"Don't say that baby. This is only temporary. The babies will be out and you won't be in pain anymore."

"No. I want the epidural. I can't do this."

"Shh, yes you can. I love you."

"I love you too." That seemed to calm her down. The doctor came in to check everything.

"Ok Ms. Maraj, since your water already broke we're just waiting on the nurses to see if everything is ok."

"Ok, but can you check now? I'm not sure it's supposed to feel like this."

"Sure." The doctor went down to check on her.

"Oh, wow. The head is already crowning. Are you ready to start pushing?"

"Yes." She nodded and out on some gloves.

"Well let's get this show on the road."

|•|

I looked at Nicki as she rocked one of the babies to sleep. We decided to name them: Brooklyn Amara Knowles and Jayden Amir Knowles.