I Believe...

I believe that everyone should be reminded how beautiful they are from time to time. I believe that the way you treat people no matter the age makes an impact on others, however, I believe that at a young age it makes an even bigger impact. I believe that people don't just grow to be cold and mean for nothing. I believe that there is always a reason. A reason that involves heartbreak and hurt or maybe even abuse. I believe that there is always a reason. Neglect, heartbreak, abuse, not getting what is needed in a household as a child, having to grow without a role model or a parental figure, having to grow up knowing that if you disappeared one day no one would care, having to grow up taking care of your siblings at a young age because they don't have anyone else to do it for them, having to grow up and care for yourself because there is no one else who will, having to grow up knowing the horrors in the world that at that age shouldn't be known... having to grow up without trusting or caring or showing feelings because they wear their heart on their sleeves in a safe where not even themselves know the code or have a key... having to grow up repeating " The World's not fair, the world is a horrible disgusting place disguised as a beautiful cascade filled with unicorns and rainbows...."

Having to grow up memorizing that one sentence... "Do not trust... They can't be trusted...."

Just because they weren't cherished as a child as they should have been...

I believe...