Or maybe I'm just overthinking all of this- them.

It was a fleeting thought that was interrupted by the door clicking open. Loud voices broke through the classroom and to my relief it was the boys. I was glad I didn't have to face this alone.

"Afternoon Mrs. E!" Walker greeted.

"Mrs. E! How was your weekend?" Darren asked as they came in.

"Good good," Mrs. Elesburg replied. "Take a seat."

"Hey Mrs. E," Levi waved. His greeting wasn't loud and obnoxious- completely opposite to the rest of the boys.

The six boys passed my seat, barely acknowledging me, except for Darren. He sent me a friendly smile which I gratefully returned.

As I expected, the boys all took seats at the back of the class. The sound of chairs scrapping back and loud chatter filled the class for a good five minutes. I tapped my finger impatiently, wondering why 'Mrs. E 'didn't tell them to hush up already. She sat at her desk, amusedly watching them chatter on about something or the other.

When they finally did settle down, she took register. The boys were still whispering behind me and when I heard Levi laugh, goosebumps rippled down my arms. His laugh was deep with a husky undertone. It intoxicated itself into my body- into my blood. It ran up to my ears, ringing with it's richness. Imprinting into my brain, I knew I would never forget a laugh like that. A laugh like Levi's.

Mrs. Elesburg stuffed the register book into her shoulder bag and shut down her computer. The Windows system made it's usual chime before the computer light diminished. "Bye kids!" she said before running out the class with her multiple bags. She shut the door on her way out; at the same time, the class fell into complete silence.

Huh?

I was still trying to process Mrs. Elesburg's quick exit when I found myself whirling around in my seat. The boys had created a semi-circle with their chairs and were all nose deep into their phones. Gio's mouth was slightly ajar and Walker cursed under his breath.

"What just happened?"

All of them looked up at me at the same time... Except for Levi. "With what, Mami?" Gio asked first. His Italian accent was thick and almost attractive.

Although, nothing could quiet reel me in like Levi did. He was effortless attractive.

"Mrs. Elesburg," I said, dragging my eyes away from Levi. "She just... Left."

"Ooh... Mrs. E is not coming back. She usually leaves after taking register," Gio explained.

"Uhm..."

"Detention doesn't actually happen," Luke shrugged.

"So... we can leave now?" I asked.

"No," Tanner chuckles. "Mrs. E instructs the guard at the front gate to only let us out at half past two."

"So basically some detention does kind of happen," Walker adds.

"Oh..." I mutter.

"Way to go guys, she's probably going to tell Principal Georgia now," Levi says, still not looking up from his phone.

"Who would complain about shorter detention?" Luke asked.

"Ms. Student Body President, man. Besides, you all forgot that she's a Northie so she's gotta' keep her good girl act in play at all times," Levi continued.

"I'm not going to tell Principal Georgia," I say through gritted teeth.

"Like I believe that," Levi muttered.