T W O

Chapter Two | If I was his dad, I'd be proud

Listen to your favorite song (don't forget to comment and let me know what it is!)

"Principal Georgia, I would never do something like this, you know me! I'm not capable of spray painting the school monument!"

"Oh please, she's all too modest!" Walker chuckled. "The entire thing was her idea."

"What?! No it was no-"

"She even bought the spray paint," Tanner added.

"I would nev-" I began.

"Enough!" Principal Georgia shouted. She exhaled slowly before placing her hands on the table. She was trying to remain calm, I could tell.

I have never been to the Principal's office for doing something against the school rules. I never caused trouble, in fact I try to avoid it at all costs. The only time I was in here was for SBP related reasons. Now however, I was sitting in an office full of misfits who had refused to confess my innocence in their little spray paint stunt. I tried over and over again to explain to Principal Georgia that I was only trying to stop them.

"The stunt the lot of you pulled today is... Unacceptable! You all have three weeks of detention. If you don't show up... Mr Keller... Then you will not be allowed to attend prom or the after party," Principal Georgia huffed. Her temper was rising and she looked ready to explode at any second.

"But Principal Georgia I-" I began.

"I don't want to hear it Ms Marie!" She said.

"But-"

"No!" She said. The boys chuckled as I slumped back into my seat and huffed.

"Uhm, may I say something?" Tanner suddenly asked.

"What is it Tanner?" She asked, rubbing her temples.

"Well Principal Georgia, none of us were really planning on going to prom..." he said.

"So technically we don't have to attend detention," Walker continued.

"You boys will attend otherwise I will- I... Just attend!" She suddenly shouted. We all jumped in our seats. "You boys have been causing havoc since you stepped into this school in eighth grade! You will attend this detention or face even more consequences!"

We remained silent after that, letting the awkward air settle over us like a thick blanket. I'd never seen Principal Georgia in this frazzled and hyper state. It was unusual.

"Boys, you are dismissed. Gwen, I shall speak with you after they leave."

One by one, the boys got up and left the room. Walker and Darren gave me a pat on the back and chuckled, before leaving. Rolling my eyes as they left, I wondered what I had ever done to them. There was no reason for them to lie. I've never properly interacted with them in my life! Why would they choose to get me in trouble?

"Listen Gwen," Principal Georgia says once they've all left. "I know you probably didn't do anything but if you take a look at the security footages, your appearance does make you look guilty."

I nodded and watched her use her computer mouse to click on the screen. She rotated it around to show me a black and white image. It was an aerial view of the monument and I noticed the boys standing around it. She clicked the play button in the center and the image started to move.