Goodbye song

((Warning! Angst. Death and my terrible writing)

He's an idiot.
He acts before he actually uses his head and he breaks almost everything he touches.
Vio was thinking sourly, peeking from over his book to watch his Blue counterpart duel it out with their supposed leader.
He doesn't have a filter, and that's why he says the dumbest things possible.
Blue's chest heaved as his sword sliced at the other male. Beads of sweat rolled from his brow to his neck, his breath got and heavy at the same time. Yet, his eyes were filled with the determination to win.
Vio gripped his book tightly at the sight, scrunching up his nose in disgust.
He's a beast with no limits.
Melodious laughter rang in the air when Green's weapon slipped from his hands and skidded across the ground.
Blue laughed huskily and placed the tip of his sword at his so called leaders neck. "I win." He says with a smug expression plastered on his face.
Yet, I can't keep my eyes off him...

-----------------

"Why... why does it have to be this way?!" Blue snarls angrily, slamming his already bandaged fist against the wooden wall. Vio flinched slightly at the sound but soon regains his posture. "We all knew this was coming. We all knew that it would happen one day." He said in a cold tone, which seemed to enrage his counterpart even more than before.
How could Green say it so simply to them?
Fuse
Blue didn't want to fuse! He wants to live a true life. "Dammit... we're fine Vio! The sword is fine! We don't need to become one."
Vio shakes his head at Blue's idiocy, "monster attacks have increased with Ganon not completely sealed. People are dying Blue. And as heroes are duty is to protect those people." He tried to talk sense into Blue, which all seemed to be in vain.
Blue sighs shakily and turns to look Vio in the eye. "We're going to die Vio... we're going to disappear..." he whispers.
"That's not true, we'll just become o-" Vio tried to say but was abruptly cut off.
"BULL VIO. We all know Green has the major emotion of Link!" Blue snapped, barring his teeth.
Why was he still arguing over this? He can't win... they have to put the sword away no matter what.
Blue knew this.
His tears finally fell from his stormy gaze, rolling past his cheeks and off his chin.
Vio gasps softly, his eyes widening as he watched the brash male cry, for the first time. "Blue..." he whispers softly and walks up to him, gently taking intertwining their hands.
He too didn't want to leave. He wanted to be with Blue.
Blue suddenly let's out a pained heartbreaking wail and fell forward into Vio's arms, sobbing.
Tears threatened to fall from the bookworms eyes watching as his brash counterpart whimpers and sobs into his chest.
"Dammit... I-I don't wanna lose you vi..." Blue finally whispers in a tone just loud enough for Vio to hear.
Vio ran his fingers through Blue's tufts of golden hair, "Blue..."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Green steps upon the pedestal, his sword in hand and ready to be placed back into the stone. Red stood close behind Green, holding his leaders hand in an attempt to comfort him and bring forth the courage to place back the legendary sword.
"Un deux trois quatre cinque six sept huit neuf..." The most unexpected Link.. Blue himself... sang their mothers olden song as she herself had lay in her death bed. The language was far from hylian, but Link and his mother always sang it in sad times. Times of death and sadness...

"Un deux trois quatre cinque six sept huit neuf~" Vio repeated in a much softer melodious tone, slowly sliding his hand into Blue's.
Red gasps softly as he heard the familiar song ring in his ears, making him slowly glance back at the unlikely pair of Links.
Green had to choke back a subtle sob as he lifted the sword shakily above the slot it was suppose to go in.
"Sept huit neuf-" Blue says softly, squeezing Vio's hand.
"Sept huit neuf-" Vio repeated, closing his eyes.

Finally, the sword was slammed down into the pedestal.

"Sept huit neuf-" Link sang, hoping for someone to finish the rest of it.
"Huit nuef...?" He opens his eyes and looked around to find his counterparts had vanished.
"Sept..." Links voice cracked, knowing that the song will never be finished.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

(( >:) pssst Link2025