The Struggle

"You know what Ban Ryu? You're a complete jerk." I grumbled under my breath. I dropped onto the grass and tears of frustration fell down. "Aish!" I yelled out.

"Get up." Sam Maek took out his hand.

"Brother.." I looked up at him and took his hand.

"Now, what are you crying about?" He pulled me off the grass.

"Nothing." I said, wiping the tears. "I'm just frustrated, that's all."

"There's something obviously wrong, Mi-Suk. Tell me."

"No. I prefer not to say." I sighed, wiping my dress. "I need to leave..." I walked pass him and back to the Palace I stayed.

"Princess," Lady Choi begun, "tomorrow will be the ceremony for Hwarang. You need to be awake early, and be dressed."

"Okay." I replied through the doors. I tried getting comfortable, pulling my blanket. "Lady Choi?"

"Yes, your Highness?"

"Is Ba-... Never mind...." I sighed and stared st the ceiling as he came to mind.

'What happened for you to be like that?'

~The Next Day~

I was started walking around as they had finish dressing me. I looked around and the Palace was getting ready. Spots for each one Hwarang members, their swords perfectly hung to the side to be passed out.

 Spots for each one Hwarang members, their swords perfectly hung to the side to be passed out

Lady Choi and I walked up the stairs as the Queen went up from the other side. I looked at her, taking her seat before I took mine. I looked over the new group of Hwarang where Hwa Kong and I are to be in charge of.

'Don't worry Sam Maek. I will find a way to have you back on the throne where you belong...' I sighed and watched as everyone started walking in, and to their spots. I spotted Ban Ryu as he made his way. He stared up at me and back down at his stand.

Soon the the Queen and I looked around the spots, seeing if each spot was taking by their owners. But thewe found that two spots weren't closed up.

"Sun Woo and Ji-dwi.." I softly said as Queen Mother glanced over at me.

"Your Highness, we must start the ceremony.." One of the Queen's lady said to her.

She sighed and looked over at me. I shook my head, knowing that they will arrive soon. But she turned towards Minister Hwa Kong, signaling him to begin.

He took out each sword as each newly made Hwarang members received it, and saying the pledge. As Ban Ryu came to redeem it, his pledge was soft. He looked up at me and away as he went. Soo-Ho then came up, but his was much louder, and filled with pride. I sighed and looked over as someone started coming in.

"Sam Maek!" I exclaimed softly, getting off my seat. Queen Mother seemed like she was in horror. I stared at my brother as he stood there, looking up at us. He then walked towards Hwa Kong, receiving his sword, and then Sun Woo came after him. I smiled and looked over at Queen Mother. She shot Minister Park a look and back at Hwarang.