After the shooting

6 months later

"Mr. Clarke please don't" I begged and then bang the gun went off and I was hit.

I was down on the hospital floor laying in my own blood.

"Madison" I heard a voice say and I began to shake.

I opened my eyes and I was sweating with tears running down my face and Jackson was sitting on the bed looking at me.

"You had another nightmare you're okay" Jackson said and pulled me into a hug.

Jackson moved into Meredith's because they all thought having him here would help me but it hasn't. I had been having these nightmares almost every night since the shooting. A lot of us have PTSD from the shooting some of us like Lexie, Cristina and I have had it the worst. So much has changed since the shooting Arizona went to Africa, her and Callie broke up. Cristina couldn't operate anymore because of how bad her PTSD is but her and Owen got married. Meredith had a miscarriage the day of the shooting. Derek quit as chief so now it's back to chief Webber. Lexie was admitted to psych. Alex walked around with the bullet still in his chest because it was "bad ass". Dr. Bailey also went home for a while to visit her parents and I had went and lived back with my Aunt Catherine for a while. We're all back at the hospital now and things have been getting somewhat better.

"Lets go to work" Jackson said and I got up and took a shower then got dressed for work.

When I got to work I was greeted by Mark.

"Good morning Avery" he said and handed me a coffee.

"Thanks" I said with a small smile.

"I miss you" He said and I let out a sigh.

"Mark stop" I said.

"Come on I know you miss me too" He said with a smirk.

"I do but-"

"But what?" He asked.

"Look I'm on Stark's service today and he's an asshole so I can't be late we can talk about this another time" I said.

"What about over a drink at Joe's tonight?" Mark asked.

"I don't know Stark will probably have me stay late" I replied.

"I can get you off Stark's service" he said.

That was very tempting because I hate Stark and I don't want to have to spend my day with him.

"Would you really do that?" I asked.

"Only if you come to Joe's and get a drink with me" Mark said with a smirk.

"Okay I'll do it but it's not going to be more than a drink" I said and Mark smiled.

"Sure it won't you're with Torres today" he said and then walked away.

I spent my shift with Callie and all she did really was talk bad about Arizona and it made me feel bad for her. She clearly still loves Arizona and I know Arizona still loves her because I talk to her almost everyday and she tells me how much she misses Callie.

Before I left I met up with Jackson.

"Hey can I ask you for a favor?" I asked.

"Depends what it is" he replied.

"I'm going to meet Mark to have a drink at Joe's but I don't trust myself enough for it to be just a drink so I need you to come in and say that there was some emergency at the hospital and they need me" I said.

"Sorry I would but I have a date tonight" He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"You have a date?" I asked.

"Yes" he answered.

"With who?" I asked.

"Lexie" he replied.

"Oh god you and Lexie come on couldn't you have picked someone that I'm not best friends with?" I said and Jackson laughed.

"Go talk to Sloan" he said.

"Be nice to Lexie or I'll hurt you Jackson!" I said and he laughed again.

"Don't worry I'll be nice" he said and I walked off.

I got to the Joe's and Mark was standing there playing darts with a couple of guys.

"You actually came" he said surprised.

"Yeah but only to tell you that we can't be together you want a family and I'm not ready to have one" I said but he ignored it and kissed me.

"If it means that I can be with you then willing to wait until you're ready" he said and kissed me again.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too" he said and I smiled.