Best friends fighting

I walked into the lobby as I got ready to do rounds and Mark came walking towards me.

"Good morning Dr. Avery" he said with a smile and handed me a coffee but I didn't take it.

"You can keep the coffee" I snapped.

"What's your problem this morning?" He asked.

"You still haven't told Derek that we're together and we are forced to hide in my room in the attic it's like I'm dating Anne frank I'm tired of it Meredith and Derek and Alex and Izzie they all get to go downstairs and hangout and socialize together and I want us to be able to do that and I would gladly tell Meredith but I can't do that until you tell Derek" I said and Mark pulled me into a hug.

"I'm gonna tell him soon I promise" he said and kissed the top of my head.

"Yeah I hope so because like I said I can't keep doing this secret thing" I said and he let go of me and I walked off.

For once I wasn't on Mark's service I was on the new peds surgeon Arizona Robbin's service.

"Hello Dr. Avery I'm Arizona Robbins" a blonde woman said to me with a huge smile.

I could tell she was very friendly already and I could just tell that her and I were gonna be good friends.

"Have you ever worked in peds?" She asked.

"No I've been in plastics, cardio, ortho and neuro but never peds" I answered and Arizona smiled.

"Well it looks like we're gonna have an exciting day follow me" she said and walked away with me right behind her.

I got to scrub in on a surgery with her and it was pretty cool being down in peds. Arizona was really cool too.

"Hey Arizona could I talk to you about something?" I said as we walked out of the O.R.

"Yeah of course kiddo" She replied.

"So I'm dating this guy and we've had to sneak around because he's too afraid to tell his best friend and I can't tell my best friend because she asked his best friend to tell him to stay away from me and my guy promised he would stay away but we both really like each other and I think he should just come right out and tell his best friend so I can tell mine but I don't think he's ever gonna tell him and as much as I want to be with him I can't keep being with him if we have to keep it a secret" I said with a sigh.

"Are the two of you happy together?" Arizona asked and I nodded.

"Yes the both of us are very happy" I answered.

"Then if your best friends are really your best friends they should accept it and be happy that the two of you are happy" Arizona said with a small smile.

"Thanks for listening I just really had to get that off my chest" I said.

Mark's POV

Derek had just gotten out of surgery and I saw him standing on the catwalk looking down at the people walking in and out of the hospital. I was gonna tell him I was actually gonna do it. I didn't know how to do it but I knew I had to do it.

"I'm sleeping with Madison but it's more than that we're together and I'm happy we're happy" I said and he turned to look at me then punched me in the face causing me to fall down but I got right back up.

"I didn't deserve that you know you have no right to tell me who I can and can't sleep with" I said and then punched him.

That then led to the two of us throwing punch after punch to each other on the catwalk with a bunch of people watching.

Madison's POV

Arizona and I were walking in the halls and we saw a bunch of people gathered near the cat walk. I pushed my way through and saw Owen Hunt pulling Derek and Mark apart from each other. Mark's eye was cut open so was his cheek. I saw Meredith push through the crowd on the other side and rush over to Derek so I did the same with Mark. I ran over to Mark and he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

"I told him" He whispered.

I went to talk but I heard Meredith speak and I knew it was gonna be a argument.

"Madison what in the world are you doing?!" Meredith said raising her voice.

I broke apart from Mark and looked over at Meredith who was now standing alone.

"I'm gonna go get checked out try not to hit her" Mark whispered then walked away.

"Mark and I are dating Meredith I know you told Derek to tell him to stay away from me but you don't control my life" I said raising my voice back.

"All I was doing was trying to look out for you Mark is no better than Alex you and I both know that" she said and I rolled my eyes.

I was starting to get mad and the fact that Derek hit Mark for being honest with him made me more mad.

"I don't need you to look out for me! I like Mark I'm happy with Mark I'm finally happy Meredith! You don't control who I date and who I don't date stop trying to act like my mother!" I yelled and I saw in Meredith's face that she was upset with what I had said.

"Madison I'm sorry" Meredith said in a low face.

"I don't have time for this I have to go check on my boyfriend and maybe you should go and check on yours" I said and stormed away.

I found Mark in on of the rooms getting his eye stitched by Callie.

"Hi" I said walking in.

"His hand isn't broken but it'll just need a lot of ice lots of ice" She said then left the room.

"I'm sorry I pushed you to tell Derek this is my fault" I said and Mark shook his head.

"Come here" He said and opened his arms.

I went over and sat next to him on the exam table and he put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"It was worth it you're worth it" He said and I smiled.

"I'm glad we aren't a secret anymore" I said looking up at him and he kissed me.