Chapter Two: A Different Reality

"Mya its time to remember."

              She tried to stop him but it was to late. She was out. Everything seemed to stop. Memories came rushing in. She felt the pain of everything. She screamed and felt something pierce her skin. It felt like a pressure point feeling you get when you bend the wrong way. This was so much worse. She then saw through a telescope. She saw Harley and she felt her finger on the trigger. Next she was in a restaurant. She was sitting across from Harley who was taking a sip of champagne. The next scene was a dark room, full of people.

             She was back in reality. "Hey there, Mya you with me?" They were currently in a car. Harley was sitting in the passengers seat watching her and a girl was driving. The girl made small eye contact with Mya through the mirror. Her head hurt and she was confused. but she knew now. She attempted to kill Harley. It was true. Her memories had not fully come back but she knew something or someone made her. But why?

"...where am I?" She said with a shake in her voice. He smiled and nodded at the driver who nodded back before pulling the car over and stepping out.

              "You have been through a lot Mya...." She looked at the floor and said nothing. "What I'm about to tell you is very shocking. You need to promise to not freak out." He was steady and had sorrow in his eyes. "What is it?" She asked scared with what was to be said. The woman came back in and looked at him with strong eyes. "We need to go." He nodded and put his seat belt on. "What's happening?!?" Mya yelled sitting up to see. All she saw was mist. "Where are we?" Their was a loud screech. It sounded to be right behind them. "What was that?" She yelled even louder. "We need to shut her up!" The woman yelled at Harley. Harley then turned around with a device which looked as a gun.
"Sorry." He said before firing it. A small sharp object went right into Mya's neck causing her to go back to sleep for the hundredth time.  

               She opened her eyes and noticed she was still in the car. She was alone but she could hear talking coming from outside the car. She sat up and opened the car door before stepping out. The car was in a warehouse. Their were some trucks and other cars also. She followed the talking and saw Harley and a few other people including the woman that was driving earlier.

          "Oh Mya, sorry about the needle. Needed you to sleep." He gave her a genuinely sorry frown before looking at the others pointing at them.
"These are friends. I guess its time to tell you what's going on." He walked over and took her hand leading her to a room. It had computers set up and there was a platform circle in the middle.

Have you ever heard of the Oculus Rift? Mya nodded and asked "yeah....why?"

               "You, Mya Brenton are no longer you. Your actual body is currently laying in a hospital bed in a hospital being guarded by police officers." She shook her head. He gave her a small smile. "You attempted to kill me. I am still confused at the exact reasoning but our data is building information."

"What information?" She asked before adding "Why am I here and what is here?"

              "We are getting information from your brain. We did a scan." He smiled at her and led her to a computer, sitting her down. He grabbed a pen and a pencil. He held the pencil up.
"This is Earth. This is us." He held the pen up. He held them up in the air at same level.
"What does it have to do with the oculus rift?" Mya asked looking up at Harley.

"Because Mya. Snake, my company created this. This is a virtual reality."

                 She looked at him and nodded simply. "That's why I'm in the hospital bed, but I'm here?" He smiled. "That needle I gave you back at the hospital. It put you into a state. A dreamlike state. All I had to do was hook you up directly to the wall." Mya gave him a questioning look. "The wall?" He smirked and sat down on a chair nearby. "We get to this world through the electricity circuits. So right now. Your entire body is being electrocuted." She opened her mouth in shock. "Shocking..." She whispered trying to fight the urge to not make a pun.

                  He rolled his eyes and continued "So...Mya let's talk about what you need to do."
"What's that?" She questioned sitting up. "You are going to help wake people up."