Chapter One: Tale of One Girl

Bright Lights

                           Cold Room

               Where am I?

         Mya's eyes fluttered open. She had that sticky feeling you get when you sleep with your makeup. It wasn't just that, that was the problem. She felt sick. She lifted her head to get a better look.
Hotel..? She noticed a large flat screen TV which was currently playing the morning news.

Why am I here?

           She pulled the covers off her body and sat up but stopped as a wave of pain flooded through her body. Mainly her mid rib section. "Ahh..oww. What?" She lifted her shirt up to see bandaging circling around her stomach. Her eyes widened and she searched for her phone. She must have it. She never leaves it. "Come on!" "Room service is here!" She quickly fixed her shirt and went to the door unlocking it and letting the man in. He pushed a cart in and handed her a newspaper. "And this is a gift." He nodded towards a silver box with a red bow. With a quick smile he then left the room, closing the door behind him. She muttered a thank you and sat on the bed. She looked up to the ceiling, trying to prevent her tears from spilling. She didn't know where she was, how she got there or why she was there. She couldn't even remember what happened the night before. All she knew is that she needed to get home.

"The FBI has a search for Miss Mya Brenton"

Mya lowered her eyes toward the TV. Hearing her name.

"The reports have come out of what exactly happened last night. At a conference in Chicago, The tech and gaming company founder and owner Harley Gusen was the victim of a attempted assassination. Reason has not been released but we have asked for you to keep your eye out for a 19 year old girl named Mya Brenton. Here are the photos we have found"

               She saw her face. It was as if she was looking in the a mirror because it was exactly her. No..... She thought standing up and looking at her face before turning the TV off. She covered her face with her hands and dropped to the floor. Her eyes moved over to the "present." She grabbed it from off the cart and carefully opened it. There was a click as she took the bow off. Underneath the bow it read.

You have approximately 10 minutes to get out. So start running.

"Oh shit...." She said as she carefully placed the box on the cart.

It was a bomb?

         She stood up and paced the room, people are going to die. Because of her? She grabbed a hoodie which was laying on a chair. She quickly scanned the room looking for anything of value before getting out of the room. She couldn't let people die. She quickly started banging on doors yelling. "There is a bomb! You have under 10 minutes to get out!" She continued to bang on the doors and several people opened there doors to see what was going on.
"Hey! Its that girl who tried to kill that rich guy or whatever he is."
Mya turned toward the man who stated that before simply shaking her head. "No....that's not me. Just please get out of the building."
She wiped the tears that were starting to drip off her face and sprinted to the stairs. She was not going to waste her time on the elevator. She ran down the stairs to the main floor. She screamed at the people in the lobby.
"There is a bomb! Get out! Evacuate!" She started waving her hands and people were picking up there phones. Calling the police probably.

             "Mamn..calm down." A man walked up to Mya resting his hand on her shoulder. Mya shook it off and attempted to run but the man never released his grip, only made it stronger. She heard sirens. "Mya Brenton, you are under arrest for the attempted assassination of Harley Gusen. -" he was cut off by the explosion. The bomb. Mya went flying across the room, her body slamming against a wall. Everything went black.

               It was blurry. Her eyes. Her ears were fuzzy and she felt frail and weak. There were sirens. The sounded muffled. The ringing in her ears was not helping. The second time today she woke up in pain. That was not a habit she wanted to form. There was screaming. She closed her eyes once more. Maybe she would just wake up from this confusing and awful dream next time.

"Mya....Mya! Dinner time!" The teen ran down the stairs. "I'm going out." Her mother frowned at these words but hid the frown by giving a small smile. "With who?" There was a pause of silence before Mya answered.

"His name is Harley."

              Mya woke up with that name. It can't be that Harley. He was not a millionaire or a owner of a tech company. He was only 3 years older then her at that time. She was 17 when she dated him. She could barely remember what he looked like. She reverted back to reality as we realized she was in a hospital room. Her ringing in her ears had calmed down and she had better vision. Her pain was not gone yet. The curtain opened and 1 police men walked in followed by a man in a suit. A detective? She guessed. 1 other police officer and a man. He wore skinny jeans and a hoodie. He had a cautious look on him. She instantly realized it was Harley. The Harley. The officers stood to the side and the detective guy sat down on a chair.

        "Harley...." Mya said breaking the silence.
"Hey Mya...why did you do it?"  She needed to get out was all that was on her mind. So she stayed silent, not making eye contact. "Can I have a moment alone with her please?" Harley asked aloud. The detective and officers were hesitant but they left the area. Leaving Mya alone with Harley. He waited 5 seconds before taking out a small package. "I understand you're a bit absent minded. So I think I should give your memories back. The process will hurt." She look up and her eyes looked at the package. "What? Was the bomb..." He nodded. "It worked out the way I wanted it to. Only 3 people died." She raised her eyes. "No...." People died because of her. How could she live with that guilt? "Its okay, they were all bad people. I orchestrated it. Oh and sorry about you getting shot." He grinned and stabbed a needle in her vein. Everything turned into a loop of dizziness.

"Now Mya, its time to remember."

//Hello! If you like what you have read be sure to vote. This is my first time writing science fiction and I'm pretty excited! Have a good day!