one

*two weeks earlier*

*two weeks earlier*

•••

Octavia's POV

"Did you hear? There's a new guy." Delilah whispers to me as we enter the front doors of the psychiatric hospital.

"No, I haven't." I glance over at my wild best friend; her black curly hair bounces as she walks, her warm brown eyes scan the room, the florescent lights reflect off her glowing dark skin.

This will be our first new patient in three months.

"I haven't heard anything about him except that he's quite the looker."

I pass by a mirror on the wall and glance at my reflection, "Aw, shit." I look down at my black uniform and see a big toothpaste stain. I guess I'll have to leave it there.

Delilah and I go clock in at the front desk, "Hey girls, all the nurses are meeting in the staff room with Dr Lee." My favourite receptionist, Zoe, smiles at us.

"Thanks, Zo!" We take off towards the staff room, Dr Lee hates waiting on us.

I pull my brown hair up into a ponytail as we fast walk down the hallway. We enter the staff room and everyone is gathered there, chatting away, but Dr Lee is nowhere to be seen.

"Hey," I walk up to Oliver, "where's Dr Lee?"

"Running late, I guess," He smiles at me and pulls me into a big hug, "How're you, sweetie?"

"I'm alright," I lay my head on his chest, "I barely slept."

"I missed you last night." He winked at me and I gave him a playful shove. My relationship with Oliver is complicated, to say the least. We've hooked up a couple of times, been on quite a few dates, but we're still stuck in that awkward zone, in between friends and lovers.

"Okay," Dr Lee's booming voice makes everyone stop talking, "so, we've got a new patient today. He's already all settled in his room, but we need to assign him a nurse."

"I'll do it!" Melanie's hand shoots straight up and her fake grin appears on her beautiful face. Ugh, she makes me want to die sometimes.

"Okay, Miss Hayes, you will be assigned as Harry's nurse. Meet me in my office." He offers us a quick nod and leaves the room.

"Of course Melanie was the first to volunteer, the girl couldn't keep her legs closed if they were super glued together." Delilah says with her hand over her mouth, staring at Melanie bragging about it to her friends.