4

Katniss Everdeen had never felt so blindsided and confused in her entire life. Well, not counting her father dying and Prim getting reaped and her becoming a tribute in the Hunger Games. If Katniss were being completely honest, it was an overstatement. What Katniss could not wrap her head around was how someone could fall in love with Katniss or even begin to like her when they would have to kill her the next day and didn't knew little to nothing about her. This had to be a joke, some sick joke Percy was playing on Katniss because she wasn't falling over him like he was probably used to. Katniss got over her shock quickly before a wave of rage settled over her. How dare he? How dare Percy Jackson make a fool out of her, make her look weak? Katniss had never felt so enraged in her life. Again, another overstatement. Katniss wanted to push past the other tributes and run across the stage, find Percy, and shoot him like Katniss shot her a squirrel in the woods back in 12.

Katniss spent so much time thinking about different ways to kick Percy's ass, she hadn't realized that someone was tugging her shoulder. Katniss snapped her head to the side, seeing a man with swirling black and white hair waiting for her irritably. Katniss blinked, looking at the stage. No one was stirring by Caesar, she was next.

Katniss walked up the steps to the stage and across the floor to shake Caesar Flickerman's outstretched hand. The blare of the cheers from the audience and the realization that she was actually having the interview with Caesar rung in her ears. She could see Caesar's lips moving, probably asking her a question, but Katniss couldn't hear. "What?" She asked dumbly, causing Caesar and the audience to laugh.

"Look like someone's a little nervous. Rightfully so, I must admit. I said, the Capitol must be a change from District 12. What's impressed you the most since you arrived here?" He repeated.

Katniss racked her brain for something that would sound stupid or embarrass her and her District, and the remembered what Cinna had told her. Be honest, be honest, Katniss chanted.   "The lamb stew."

Caesar laughs along with some of the audience. "The one with the dried plums?" Katniss nodded, a small smile appearing on her face. "Oh, I eat it by the bucketful," he turned to the side, facing the audience. He placed a hand on his stomach in horror. "It doesn't show, does it?" The audience cackled. Katniss realized he was helping her. Caesar turned to her with a serious facade. "Now, Katniss, when you came out in the opening ceremonies, my heart actually stopped. What did you think of that costume?"

Katniss looks to Cinna in the audience. He gives her a nod. Be honest, Katniss thought again. "You mean after I got over my fear of being burned alive?" She asked. The crowd laughs a genuine laugh.

Caesar cracks a grin, "yes, start there."

Katniss locked eyes with Cinna again. The words effortlessly flowed from her mouth without thinking. "I thought Cinna was brilliant and it was the most gorgeous costume I'd ever seen and I couldn't believe I was wearing it. I can't believe I'm wearing this either!" Katniss picks up the skirt, showing it off to the audience. "I mean look at it!" Cinna catches her attention. He's mouthing something, twirl for me, Katniss thought. He twirled his finger slowly. Katniss nodded and stood up. She slowly turned in a circle once. The audience roared in approval of the small flames dancing along the dress.

"Don't stop!" Caesar chided with a fascinated smile. Katniss nodded with a large smile and twirled faster. The flames grew larger, licking along her arms and the bodice of her dress. Katniss began to feel dizzy, off balance.

"I have to, I'm dizzy!" She giggled. Katniss surprised herself as the sound came out of her mouth. Never in her life had Katniss Everdeen giggled. It must've been the nerves and the twirling.