2

Percy awoke to a sharp banging on his door and a blaring sound next to his ear. His eyes shot open, and he scrambled out of bed. Percy's green eyes darted around the spacious, bare room. He was completely alone. Percy relaxed and headed toward the door. He swung it open, irritated with the incessant knocking.

"What?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Oh, this one's nice," a heavily accented voice said. It was unfamiliar to Percy, so he opened his eyes and was bombarded with different colors. A short, plump woman stood in front of him with orange hair with stars cut into it. Behind her was a dark skinned man and silver and bronze patterns carved into their skin. He had long silver hair that went down to his waist. There were two more women behind him, just as weirdly dressed as their friends.

"Maybe just tweak the hair," the silver haired man said. Percy frowned at them, but remembered he was meeting with his stylist team today.

"Er, hi?" Percy shuffled his weight to each foot, feeling exposed as his team looked him over. They started whispering to each other.

The plump, orange haired woman stepped into Percy's room, giving him a large, toothy smile. She stuck out her hand to Percy. He took her small one in his larger one hesitantly. "I'm Idum and this is Maximus behind me. The other woman is Sylvia and the other man and Luvius. We are your stylist team." Percy nodded, and before he could say anything, his team dragged him out of the room and to the Remake Center. The next thing he knew, Percy was lying naked under a thin, paper gown on a metal slab. He was waiting for his head stylist. His team had removed all the hair from his body, except the hair in his head and eyebrows. His team also gave him a little haircut, trimming his bangs and cutting his hair at his neck shorter. Percy wondered why the Capitol had a problem with hair.

Percy didn't have to wait too long for his head stylist, Clio. About ten minutes after his team was finally finished with him, she entered the cold, clean room. She looked semi-normal. She was a pretty woman with slanted grey eyes and tan skin. Her dark, purple hair was long and wavy. Her teeth were as white as whites of her eyes. She had tiny tattoos darting her arms and neck.  She smiled softly at Percy, making him feel at ease.

She set down her clipboard and stuck her hand out. "Hello, Perseus. I'm Clio, your head stylist." Her voice was gentle, but still had the regular Capitol accent. Percy shook her hand.

"Percy is fine," he said referring to his full name.

Clip nodded and stepped closer to Percy as he sat on the metal slab. She held up his arm and pinched it, grabbing at his skin. Next she moved onto his legs and chest. She then, ran her small fingers through his messy-wavy black hair. Her face was close to his, as she looked into Percy's sea green eyes. She nodded and then tapped on his high cheekbones. She backed away and started writing on her clipboard. Percy look confusedly at her. Clio glanced up, seeming to remember that she hadn't told him what was going on.

"Tonight is the Tribute Parade. This is your first real impression. I need to make you stand out," Clio explained. Percy readjusted himself on the metal slab nervously. Percy remembered the parade costumes from years past. They were either fish or fisherman, none of which ever made a very good impression on the Capitol. One year, the tributes of District 4 were forced to hang dead fish on their chests and backs. It was utterly disgusting. Clio sensed his nerves. "No need to be afraid, Percy. I don't plan on embarrassing you or Amelia. You won't be wearing any fish," she laughed. Her laugh was so familiar, so much like Annabeth's laugh.

Percy nodded. "I'll wear anything but fish," he grinned.

Clio smiled at him and patted him on the cheek. "I already have the best idea, one suited for your strategy," she winked. Percy raised an eyebrow. "I've conversed with Finnick and Mags and we have the perfect costume for you."