Bestfriends Are Forever. { One Direction FanFic. }

Preface.

-13 Years Ago. . . -

My mum’s grasp on my small tiny, chubby hand lead me towards a woman and a small girl with welcoming smiles. They looked very similar, most likely mother and daughter. Both of them had long dark blackish brown hair. Their eyes a green color, both of them looked very nice. But me being my shy self, I was absolutely terrified.

“Jess, it’s so great to see you again!” The stranger woman greeted my mum with an embrace, which lasted a few seconds until they let go. My mum turning her attention to the girl.

“Is this Gemma!?” The girl giggled confidently nodding, mum lightly squeezed her cheek laughing softly. “You probably don’t remember me. You were just a wee little girl the last time we saw each other.”

“My mum says you are her best friend from when she was in school.” The girl that my mum had called ‘Gemma’ said, and she smiled over at me.

Eyes widening at the friendliness of her, I shied away scooting from their sight behind my mother who chuckled knowingly. “Yes, your mum and I were very good friends. More like sisters now. Anyways, sorry for my Darling, she is a bit too shy around strangers.”

The look the girl gave me as I peeked from behind my mum’s leg was a mixture of confusion, and a little of humor. Then the woman bent down in front of me, and I shrieked in shock not noticing that she would do that. Her eyes were warm and loving, but I just didn’t know the woman so I wasn’t going to be friendly back. I don’t think.

“Hi there, I’m Anne. I haven’t met you yet. But It’s a pleasure to meet you, Darling.” She held out a purple flower to me with a grin. Looking up to my mom for some reassurance, she nodded towards the flower.

Quickly I snatched it from the woman’s hand, making her let out a loud chuckle. “Thank you.” I muttered softly, running my fingers lightly over the smooth petals of the flower.

“You’re very welcome. You know what? You were still in your mummy’s tummy the last time I saw you. Just like my son was, Harry.” She looked around, her eyebrows scrunching together as she huffed looking at her daughter. “Where’d he go?”

Gemma giggled, pointing in the direction behind us. Once we had all turned around and looked, I had finally saw him.

He was short, and had short dark blackish brown hair with slight waves to it. Just like his mum’s and sister’s hair. Even from the distance he was, I could tell the boy who looked around my age (which was 5) had very blue green eyes. Again, just like his mum and sister. But, to me they looked brighter in appearance.

He was screaming and sprinting around with a couple of other boys my age, kicking around a football. After a while of chasing each other around, they finally jumped upon each other in a smooched dog pile. Causing a laugh to escape my mouth.

“Harry Edward Styles! Come over here and meet my friends!” His mum called out to him. For a minute I couldn’t see him anywhere, but then the boys started to move and out popped the head of the woman’s son. He had a wide grin as he wriggled away from the boy pile and ran full speed to his mother.

“Mum! What is it!? I was playing with my friends!” He asked breathlessly, still out of breath from running I guess. A moment later his eyes landed on me, another grin appearing. “HI! Are you hear to play football!? You can be on my team!”

Once again, not used to having someone being so friendly to me. I coward behind my mum in hopes he would go away, or have his attention elsewhere. But I don’t think he wanted my wishes to be fulfilled, seeing that he followed me whichever way I went. It was quite annoying really, once I would go around to the right side. He would already be there waiting on me, with a smirk. Then I would head the other way, and then it would happen again.