Chapter Nine

(Y/N) POV

I sat in a chair in the bathroom with Felicity behind me, she was unwrapping my head from the plastic bag that kept the dye in my hair from getting everywhere and kept the heat around my scalp. My once (Y/H/C) coloured hair was now being dyed jet black. Lyla stood in front of me with a rack of clothes. "You're no longer going to be able to dress like spunky ol' (y/n) anymore, your new persona is going to dress similar to the black canary." Lyla spoke.

"So I'm just going to be covered with leather?" I let out a chuckle.

"Well not all the time." Felicity chuckled and walked around the chair and to the rack. "We're making you into a badass."

"Are you saying I wasn't a badass before!" I gasped humorously "I drove a motorbike through a door that was frozen shut!" I exclaimed

"And when you plan to do anything risky again, you will be wearing this jacket, it's fire retardant." Lyla chuckled and I laughed.

"You're going to make me look like a vigilante." I stated

"Well that's what you are. You work with the Flash." Felicity looked at me confused

"Never thought of myself as a vigilant. I just see it as helping out a friend." I shrugged "I have no powers. I usually just offer support for the people he saves."

"You drove a motorbike through a frozen door and your bike exploded." Lyla enthused

"And you acted dead in front of a criminal that wanted you dead." Felicity

"How do you guys know that?" I asked confused and stood up off the chair and Felicity led me back towards the sink behind us.

"Cisco set up a group chat." Felicity shrugged and I leaned forward over the sink and Felicity turned on the tap and began to wash out the dye from my hair. I heard mumbles from Lyla and Felicity talking while the water flowed over my ears.

"No answer?" Lyla asked as Felicity turned the water off and began to shampoo my hair.

"Answer for what? I couldn't hear anything." I chuckled

"Are you really dating a villain?" Lyla asked

"Well I wouldn't say dating." I shrugged

"Don't move." Felicity stated "Unless you want shampoo on your clothes." She laughed

"Leonard says we're married in the future, and that that is why the Rogues want to kill me." I stated

"Is he at least romantic?" Felicity asked before she turned the water back on and began to wash the suds out of my hair.

"Uh yeah I mean sure?" I said unsure of myself "I mean he gave me a new motorbike after mine exploded and he calls me Sweetheart and he makes me feel special." I said louder than usual. I heard the chorus of awe and chuckled. Felicity and Lyla shared a conversation while Felicity finished my hair. Once she was finished I wrapped my hair up in a towel and spun around to face the girls as I leaned back against the counter.

"What outfit should I wear first?" I asked and Felicity stepped over to the rack. She began to file through the clothes and Lyla stepped over to my side of the room and held up a hair dryer.

"We can figure out what you're going to wear after you're ready." Lyla stated "Come help her with her makeup" She said to Felicity

"Right! We also need to get those coloured contacts. Say goodbye to your (Y/E/C) eyes." Felicity smiled at me.

"Let's just finish this transformation, I have to watch myself die in a couple hours." I sighed. The room fell silent once Lyla turned on the hair dryer and began to work on my hair.

_

Fifteen minutes later Lyla had finished working on my hair and my makeup was finished. Felicity handed my the (E/C) coloured contacts. Before I could turn around to look at the mirror to put the contacts in, we heard someone jogging down the hall.

"Guys they're here." Barry knocked on the bathroom door.

"Time for a quick change." Felicity grabbed an outfit and tossed it in my direction. I quickly changed out of my old clothes and into the new ones. I looked back at the counter behind me to pick up my phone. I glanced up and finally got to see myself. My jaw dropped slightly and my right hand instinctively found its way to my hair. I could hardly recognize myself. I shook my head and dropped my hand. I opened the contact case and put the contacts in my eyes. I blinked a few times then stared at myself in the mirror.

"Ready to go?" Lyla asked breaking me out of my trance. I nodded fast.

"Uh-huh. Sure." I smiled and jogged away from the counter to the door way.
"That's not very convincing." Felicity stated.

"I have no choice." I said with a sweet smile.

"(y/n) we can take a minute let this sink in." Lyla stated and I blinked hard and took a deep breath.

"My uh. My name is Adaline Delilah Overton." I said quietly.

"Sorry. I forgot." Lyla said sheepishly

"Not your fault. We just met, and really all of us have to adjust to this." I smiled at Lyla before I opened the door and the three of us left the bathroom