Chapter Eight

Leonard Pov

"What's the idea?" (Y/n) asked as she sat back in the seat.

"I'm sure your team can tell you the plan on your way to Star City. We should go." John Diggle stated.

"You following behind us or leading us?" Cisco asked

"I'll follow." John said before he turned and walked back to his car. When he got in Cisco turned back to us in the van.

"All ready?" He looked past (Y/n) and I towards Caitlin. I looked towards her and she nodded. "Let's go." He shut the back doors to the van and walked to the driver door and got into the van.

"What's the plan?" (Y/n) restated her original question.

"Well. you're going to have to go off the grid for a little while." I stated as I moved to the seat across from her so I could look at her. "You're going to have to change your appearance."

"We're going to be cut and dye your hair, you're going to have to try some coloured contacts." Caitlin started to list off what (Y/n) is going to have to change.

"(Y/n) (Y/l/n) is going to get into an accident today." I said quietly.

"What's going to happen to me?" She looked up at me.

"There's going to be a fire at a small abandoned house in Star, a Jane Doe from Star City morgue is going to take your place, then we'll be having a funeral back in Central City." Caitlin explained

"Who am I going to be?" (Y/n) asked

"You're new name is going to be Adaline Delilah Overton. You're my cousin from Star City who has moved to Central City after you lost your job and had to move in with me." Caitlin said. She motioned to a small box filled with files. "Those are all about your life. You'll have to study up."

"What about us?" (Y/n) looked at me.

"Well. I'm going to mourn your death and I'm going to rob a few banks and jewelry stores. I need to try to get back on the Rogues' good side." I sighed

"What if something happens? What if someone gets hurts?" She asked me

"I won't let anyone get hurt." I said quietly

"How am I supposed to believe that? The last time you worked with Mick and the Rogues there were casualties." (Y/n) leaned back against the wall of the van and closed her eyes.

"I think you should try and rest until we get to Star City." Caitlin said as she knelt down in front of (Y/n) and placed her hand on (y/n)s shoulder. I saw (Y/n) open her eyes and look at Caitlin.

"I'm okay." (Y/n) shrugged her shoulder. "It's just a lot to take in y'know. I mean, I'm going to die in a fire sometime soon, and the guy I kinda like is going back to being a wanted criminal." She glanced at me and smiled sadly.

"I know it's a lot, but trust me. It's all going to work out." I leaned forward from my seat and reached across and placed my hand on her knee. She didn't flinch or move away, instead she placed her hand atop mine.

"So I guess we should start practicing. Can you text Barry and let him know not to call me (Y/n) when we get to Star? I think it'd be best if everyone just calls me Adaline, that way I can eventually get used to it." She sighed looking from Caitlin back to me.

"I'll let him know." Caitlin moved back to her spot beside me and pulled out her phone, in the meantime I moved across the van and sat next to (Y/n).

"So I've been thinking about what kind of nicknames you could have. I mean, I hadn't heard your team call you by any nicknames before so maybe, I could have a nickname for you?" I suggested talking fast.

"Oh yeah? And what kind of nickname were you thinking of? I thought Sweetheart was your go-to nickname for me?" (Y/n) smirked at me.

"You actually liked Sweetheart?" I looked at her surprised as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders

"Well yeah. It made me feel special, you're the only one that has ever called me it." She shrugged and leaned into my side

"Addie!" Caitlin said excitedly and (Y/n) and I looked over at her. "It could be a nickname for you." Caitlin smiled shyly.

"I can dig it." (Y/n) chuckled. "Addie Overton." She smiled.

"I like the sound of that." I smiled

"Guys." Cisco looked back at us as the van came to a halt.

"What's wrong?" Caitlin asked worried before the back doors of the van opened.

"We gotta go." Barry pointed at (Y/n). Caitlin quickly jumped off of her seat and began to take the iv out of (y/n)s arm.

"How close are they?" I asked

"We don't know if it's them, but there's an armoured van that's been following you from Central. This is just a precaution." Barry stated. I stood up from my seat and walked towards the back doors of the van.

"See you guys there I guess." (Y/n) sighed. "Stay safe." She looked at me before she stepped out of the van. Barry quickly picked her up and sped away. John gave us a thumbs up before I shut the door.

"What now?" Caitlin asked.

"Cisco are you in a conversation with John Diggle right now or is it just Barry?" I asked

"It's everyone, why?" Cisco looked back at us.

"Pull off to the side of the road, tell John to do the same. Let's let the truck pass us." I stated.

"And what if the truck is actually the Rogues?" He asked me

"Then I'll stick around and fight. You guys will still go to Star City." I answered. Cisco spoke quietly up in the front seat of the van.

"You know (Y/n)-I uh I mean Adaline wouldn't be to happy if we left you out here to fight the Rogues alone." Cisco stated. The van moved slowly as Cisco began to drive it to the side of the road.

"She also wouldn't be too happy if her two best friends were to be killed by Rogues, so I think I win this argument." I stated

"The truck is in view." Cisco stated. I gripped my cold gun and stood up I knelt right by the backdoors and watched out the window. I saw the truck driver look over at the van and car in a confused manner.

"It's not the Rogues. Just a confused brinks driver." I sighed.

"So we can keep going?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah. Let's get there." I moved back to my seat and sat down.