Ice Cafe

Introduction: Ice Cafe

Yuri's POV

I sighed as I took a sip of my coffee. It was one of my favorites from the cafe. It was a bit bitter, but at the same time it was a little sweet. "Just like you" I could hear the voice of Victor say in my head. I roll my eyes at my thoughts and put on my apron. It was right now 3 in the morning and I was at the cafe making all the bread and pastries for the day with Pichit. We do this every morning except for sunday, which is our only break day of the week.

You might be wondering how the two of us manage to get up at three every morning, and the answer is coffee, and lots of it. The two of us probably go through 2-3 large cups of coffee each morning. The amount we have truly depends on what day we had previous, if it was really bad, three, if it was moderate, two, if there was barely any one, 1. It's quite simple to be honest.

Yet even though we wake up really early, we still have to go through most of the whole day. But we get lots of breaks and the owner is really nice to us, and pays us extra. And paying us more is an easy task since the cafe is really famous. It started off as a small little shop until one day we got huge recognition for our pastries and coffee, and we had to move to a larger location so that we could fit all the people that were coming.

The new location was a lot larger than the other one, and now we have a huge kitchen to work with. Pichit and I really like it. Now you also might be wondering why we have such small staff. Well the owner has a really odd way of choosing people to work for her. She lets Pichit and I decided what cooks to bring in, and the barista's choose who they allow to brew coffee with them. Even the waiter gets a choice because she doesn't want us to have problems with each other. We treat each other like a huge family here. Even though we sometimes fight, and some of them are really stupid, like really stupid, but deep down even I care about them.

And that really says something, I'm known to be quite cold to people. Giving one more reason to why I bake instead of wait on others because I'll just end up yelling at them.

For a second I shake my head at the memory of me trying to be a waiter. We were so busy that day they needed me to help them. I was terrible at it, I kept on yelling at people to hurry up and had no patience at all. Pichit ended up taking over for me after that because of my temper and he has done that ever since

I sigh loudly as Pichit and I work hard on the all of the pastries. It's always just the two of us in the morning.

Oh, but Pichit and I aren't the only bakers here though, we have about two more that come in for lunch and all that. They make the sandwiches and anything that doesn't pertain to actually baking, and Pichit and I make the bread and pastries as you guys probably know well enough by now.

There names are (If you guys would possibly want to be apart of the cafe, please put your name and how you act in the comment so I can add you in!).

It was hard to chose them at first since Pichit and I are picky to who we allow in our kitchen, but these two were really good so we allowed them in.

Victor, and Georgi are the two baristas we have. From what I heard they are going to do some interviews with people so they don't have to work so hard.

And our waitress is an annoying girl by the name of Mila. She's been doing so many interviews on people because it's tough being the only waiter. Lillian (yes I put myself in, and yes I'm the manager.) and Pichit often go and help her out when it gets really crazy and the other two chefs help me with what I'm doing as a substitute for Pichit.

Pichit and I aren't really close, even though we work together. He's nice and tolerates me, but I wouldn't really consider anyone in this cafe really a friend. I consider them family, as cheesy as it is. I'll never admit to that of course, but it's how I feel.

"Yuri! Hurry and get the bread out of the oven! It's almost time for us to open!" Pichit yelled over to me while icing a cake. Currently I was finishing up some piroshkis but immediately stopped to get the bread. I put on my oven mitts and opened up the oven to grab the fresh bread. I set it aside to let it cool and ran over to the piroshkis to put the finishing touches on them, and then ran back to slice the bread.

Once the bread was sliced I turned around and leaned back on the counter and sighed, I wiped the sweat off my forehead and turned to Pichit who was doing to same but instead of wiping his forehead he got icing all over it. I chuckled to myself and made my way out of the kitchen to where the showcases were and opened them up so we could put all the pastries in.

I grabbed cupcakes, cookies, croissants, piroshkis, a few cakes, and I grabbed many different kinds of breads.

It was right now 7:00, and we have about 30 minutes to spare. Around this time is the time when everyone starts to arrive at work. The first one is always Lillian, then Mila, Georgi, the two chefs, and then Victor always arrives last. They all quickly put on their uniforms, which is just an apron with your name tag on it, and get their stations ready before Lillian turns the closed sign to open.

We turn our heads to the ring of the bells signaling a customer has arrived and smile at them. Mila and the manager then both ran up to him and smiled, and greeted him like they always do to the first customer. Then Victor, Georgi, the two chefs, Pichit, and I just look at each other thinking the exact same thing, "welcome to Ice cafe".

Alright! That's basically the introduction. I'm actually pretty proud of this so far and I hope that you guys like it. And if you do like it please comment telling me if it's good or not. In the next chapter there will be more Otayuri and Victyuuri okay? Thank you so much for reading!
-Lillian