Don't Let Me Dance Alone

Start from the beginning

“Well hello there beautiful.” I whirled around, almost dropping the refill of my drink in the process.  I saw a man in a black tux, black hat, and a mask.  He smiled, and I knew immediately who it was.

“Niall!” I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung to him. He chuckled deeply, causing me to giggle. 

“You look lovely tonight.” Niall complimented me, making heat come to my cheeks. His voice sounded a lot deeper, and he looked taller, but I couldn’t think straight and music was blaring around me, making it hard to hear.

“Would you care to dance with me,” he questioned me.  I couldn’t say no to him, so I nodded.  He took my hand and led me to the dance floor. 

“You aren’t a terrible dancer,” I complimented Niall. He laughed and continued to hold me, pulling me closer to him.  We swayed to the beat of the music.  I completely let go, forgot about everything around me, forgot about Liam, and just let go.  I danced with Niall like I didn’t have a care in the world, which I didn’t.  The last thing I was concerned about was dancing right. I didn’t care anymore.  I was done with caring.

The song ended a lot quicker than I had expected it to.  The next song was not as upbeat; therefore, I was not inclined to continue dancing.  Niall followed me to a corner of the room where not many people where.  I slid down the hard wall onto the cold, marbled floor.  Niall chuckled and sat down next to me.  I leaned my head on his shoulder, sighing contently.  He turned his head to face mine, and I could feel his cool, minty breath fanning my lips.  He dipped his head down, leaning in more than he already was.  I was not going to fall for it just yet, I had other plans.

“I’m hungry,” I stated, hopping up from my position on the floor.  I turned around and walked towards a table covered with sweets.  I picked up a plate and piled it high with chocolates, brownies, and cookies. 

“Why’d you walk away?”  A voice startled me, causing me to drop ALL of the things on my plate, the entire thing dropping to the floor. 

“Niall!  I was hungry!  Why’d you do that, now I don’t have ANYTHING to eat,” I whined and turned around to face him.  He grinned.   He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.  I wriggled out of his grasp and leant down to pick up all of the food I had dropped.

“How come you walked away from me when I was about to kiss you?” He fired back.  I truthfully didn’t know why I did that.  I stood back up and shrugged my shoulders, turning around and trying for the second time to eat something, which didn’t work.  Niall grabbed my shoulders and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with the hair just underneath his hat, which was a lot shorter, not nearly as long as it was.   I wanted to take off his mask so I could see his beautiful eyes, but also because our faces were very close together and it was itchy. 

“No. Leave it on.” Niall instructed me and grabbed my hands as soon as I tried to pull the mask up off of his head. He kissed me again, and I kissed him back.  We stayed like this for a while, holding each other.  It was nice, being single and able to kiss Niall without a worry.  I didn’t have to stress about telling Liam, because frankly, he messed up as much as I did, and I didn’t really want to work things out right now. 

Niall hooked his fingers under the string that tied my mask together, pulling it over my head.

“So beautiful…” He trailed off and looked into my eyes.  I looked at the floor as I could feel my cheeks turning red again.  He leaned in again once more, but I stopped him.

“Ok hold up, how come you get to take MY mask off, but I can’t take yours off,” I asked him, I truly wanted to know the answer.

“I have my reasons… Just because.”  Niall chuckled.

“Well that narrows it down.” I mumbled and leaned him to kiss him again. 

“Well I’d hate to interrupt your snogging session, but I’m kinda hungry.” A voice snapped.  We pulled apart, moving out of a girl’s way and I looked at her quickly.  I didn’t like her, that’s the only thing I knew.  If she only knew that THE Niall Horan was standing in front of her… 

 Huffing, I walked away from her.  Niall followed me, which I appreciated.  I don’t like being left alone when I’m upset or mad. 

“Melissa!  Hey I’m sorry about that girl…” Niall caught up to me and apologized. 

“It’s fine!  It wasn’t even your fault.  It was just her tone that bothered me.” I reassured him.  He smiled and kissed my cheek.  I pressed my lips to his for a long lasting, simple peck. 

“Melissa?” I pulled away from Niall.  I knew that voice anywhere. 

Heeeyyyyy! Exactly 1,620 words! So who do you think it is?  Please comment and vote, I really wanna know what you think. I have been working SUPER hard on this chapte, I wanted it to be perfect and special.   So I have been at home for five days now because of SNOW.  Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and I’ll be off tomorrow!  Love you all so much!  Thanks for getting me to 100 reads on The Ones that Changed It All, 700 reads on What is Love, and 4k on Something like Love.  You are all so amazing :) Follow me if you want to, I always follow back.