3: desolé

My eyes slowly open, crust lining my eyes. I groan and roll over on my stomach so my face is pressed into the deep soft cushion of my pillow. I pound my fist into my mattress, cursing as I push my blankets to the side and sit over the edge of my bed. My eyes slowly fall over to my alarm clock. Finally after a few moments of blurry vision the world was able to sit still. The clock read 6:45. My eyes went wide. I blinked a few times to see if what it said wasn't just some vision. Realizing that it wasn't, I threw myself to my feet and cursed under my breath. I only had fifteen minutes to get ready and get over to the school.

I rushed to the bathroom and lathered my face in grape fruit scented face wash. I brushed my teeth knowing that I wouldn't have any time at all to eat in the morning. My stomach grumbled due to the thought. I redid my braid, brushing out the tangles in my long, brown hair. I coated my eyelashes with a thin coat of mascara. The black makeup smudged around my crystal blue eyes. I ran into my room to get dressed. I slipped into the easiest outfit possible. A pair of plain leggings, Chuck Taylor's, and a ratted Westchester football tee. Soon enough, I'm out the door with my bag and phone. The rush provides me with something good; I get to easily avoid my father.

My phone read 7:04 as I pulled up into the school parking lot. The grand space was empty of people, the cars the only thing filling up the vast space. I quickly pushed upon the car door and locked the vehicle as I ran to the front doors of the school. I was able to sneak in the building quietly and get to my locker. Through the metal doors I heard teachers lecturing pained students slumped in their seats. I pushed my phone into my back pocket, popped a stick of gum in my mouth, and grabbed my books needed for first period.

I briskly walked through the tiled halls to French 4.

I crouched down and sat on my heels, listening through the door. Madame Walters was booming out blurred sentences in French. I stood up and straightened my outfit and my books before I gently pushed open the door. I tried sneaking to the back of the class. No such luck.

"Winter Smith!" Madame Walters hollered in my direction. I pursed my lips and turned to face her. A couple of students stifled their laughter as she pulled me to the front of the classroom. I glared at them angrily, pink flushing over my cheeks.

"Tu es en retard!" she flashed me an irate look.

"J'ai dormi trop longtemps, je suis desolée Madame," I grumbled. I turned my head away and rolled my eyes. My embarrassment turned up a notch when I noticed Ayden sitting in the very front of the classroom. He flashed me a sympathetic smile.

"Ce n'est pas une excuse," she scoffed, rolling her large brown eyes. She spoke up again, "J'étais au milieu d'une leçon très importante! Detention," she shot daggers at me as she jabbed her finger at my seat. I grumbled and stormed back to my seat in the back of the class. I slammed my books down on the desk as she continued with her long, dull speech. I tuned her out and wringed my clammy hands. Anger flashed over my body as I thought over what had happened previously. My gum was smacked furiously in my mouth, my teeth driving into the chewy ball that soon lost its strawberry taste. Finally the bell rang. I stormed out of the room, a voice reminding me that I had a detention, ignored.

Finally after a long couple periods I was able to go to lunch. I was shoving my things into my locker when Kat walked up behind me. Her blond hair was straightened to perfection, a layer of gloss shimmering across her thin lips. A dress hugged her torso tightly but fluffed out across her thighs. The top of her dress was a jean material; lace was attached to the denim to flow outward at the bottom. She had on light makeup and a huge smile was drawn across her face. I slammed my locker shut and began to walk with her.

"What's wrong?" she questioned. I wasn't able to let all of the girls know that I had a detention. Her eyes bore into mine with a tint of curiosity. I adverted my eyes away from hers as I told her what happened. She rolled her eyes and scoffed. She didn't comment.

We reached the cafeteria where the typical cliques gabbed away. We met the girls in the middle of all of the chaos. All of them had their lunch bags crinkled up in their hands as we sat down. Anger flushed through my neck as I realized that I didn't have a lunch.

"Shit," I grumble. I rest my aching head in my hands and prepared to last the day without any food until tonight.

Waking up late, getting embarrassed in front of the whole class, receiving a detention that I honestly didn't deserve, and then totally forgetting my lunch. A frown was plastered upon my face. Kat, Valerie, Adrianne, Zahara, and Natalie-Rose giggled and talked as I slouched over.

All of them scoured through their lunches as I sat in hunger and fought a deathly headache.

Natalie-Rose, her hair bound in red curls, offered some of her lunch up to me. I refused and cursed myself over and over. Kat kept looking over at me with concern. Usually I was talking and gabbing and receiving attention, but today I sat at the edge of the seat sitting in total silence.

My eyes grew droopy as the pounding in my head and the exhaustion grew worse. I began to feel slightly dizzy and rested my head in my hands.

I let my eyelids fall over my dry eyes when I felt a body sit to the right of me. The body was warm and stiff. I shoot my eyes open to find Ayden sitting extremely close to me. He smiled as he pulled out a small salad out of the Smoothie King bag in his hand. He pushed it in my direction along with a tall smoothie. He also handed me a large, round chocolate chip cookie. My eyes widened as I took the food, surprised.

"I saw you without a lunch before I left and felt bad, so I grabbed you something," He pulled out his own food as I stuttered for words.

"Thank you so much," was all I managed to speak. He laughed at my shyness and shock laced in with my voice.

"You're welcome," he took a bite into his large sandwich, "cutie." He whispered the last word, letting it linger low in my ear. I started to dig into my salad with a flimsy plastic fork, unaware of all of the girls staring at me and him eating side by side with their mouths open.

We had finished lunch, my body appreciating the sudden wave of food that settled in my stomach. Whenever I replayed his smile and kind words in my head, my legs grew week and my stomach flipped in excitement.

A/N:

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late upload, I had the chapter ready, just didn't get the time to upload. Now here you go!

Chapter 4 almost done too.

QUESTION:

What do you think of Ayden? Cutie or what? :)

Sorry but I really have to goooo buuuuut!

If you liked it, please vote! It means oodles <3 also comment! Answer the question, too!

My answer: OMG HE'S PERFECT!

XOXO