Chapter 27

Blake's POV

I've been sitting here in the hospital for hours now and my father still didn't wake up. I even skipped school so that I could stay here.
My mother will arrive soon and she surely will tell me to go home again.
I didn't wanted to leave the side of my father. He was and is still very important to me.

He was the who comforted me when Elizabeth left. He tried to keep my mind off those things and spend a lot of time with me like a father should.

However, only a few months after she left, he was diagnosed with lungs cancer and had to stay in the hospital for so long now.

Sometimes I wish that he would just let go and leave. I don't mean it like in a negative way. It's the opposite. He's my father and I don't want to see him suffer like this anymore.

"Honey." I heard my mom calling.

I turned around and saw her standing at the door with two paper bags. She quietly closed the door and went up to me.

"I brought you some changing clothes and also food. You need to eat something." she said.

"No, it's okay. I'm not really hungry." I said and looked back at my father.

She sat down beside me and looked at her husband with a sad smile.

"I'm sure that Jackson will make this. He is strong and I know that since I've met him years ago. That's why you shouldn't worry too much and unseated believe in him." she said and gripped his right hand.

I only nodded and looked back at him.

I know he is strong. Very strong but I can't help worrying about him. It's the same with Elizabeth. Even thought I already had a crush on her when we were younger and she broke my heart by going away, I still thought about her. I asked myself sometimes if she was alright and if she still remembers me.
One day I wished to see her again and well the next day I met her again even thought I didn't recognised her first.

Now I only have to believe in him and don't worry too much. If he sees me like this he would only laugh and say that I'm such a softy.

I stood up and took one of the paper bags before going to the bathroom. I changed my clothes and washed my face before going out.

"I will go and get some coffee. You want too?" I asked my mother.

She only shook her head before I left the room.

The hospital was surprisingly really big. It was like a maze. You could get lost here immediately if you don't pay any attention.

As I went down to the cafeteria I suddenly saw some nurse running out. A paramedic car stopped right in front of the entrance and opening its door. A few seconds later I saw them rushing in a person. I couldn't see her/him because there were too many nurses but I could already guess that it was something serious if even three doctors joined them.

Elizabeth's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

I heard some beeping noise beside me as I was there. Everything was black but I could hear some people around me talking to each other.
My head was pounding like hell and my chest hurt so much.

Where am I?

I tried to do something but it felt like I couldn't move anything at all. I tried not to panic and thought about the thing that happened last.

Me and Victoria having a little fight, then she pushed me and then I started to cough...and then...

Oh my God! I passed out! And even in front of everyone!

I tried to figure out the people talking around me until I could understand what they were saying.

"...she....even...I..." I tried harder until I heard everything.

"...looked....but seems like it was only fake." I heard someone saying.

I then heard a door opens and closes signaling me that a person came in or went out of the room.

I tried to open my eyes but instead I moved one of my fingers.

I heard some gasps and people coming to me.

"Honey, can you hear me? Move a finger if you can." This time I hear my mother saying.

I took me a while until I moved it again.

"Jake, call Dr. Reyenes. Honey, come on, try and opened your eyes."

I tried and tried until I slowly opened it. I took progress letting my eyes get used to the bright light until I could opened it full.

My view was a bit blurred but I could see 2 figures standing in the room. I blinked a few times until I saw them clearlier. I saw my mother and father on the left side of the bed watching me with worry in their eyes.

I started to look around the room and noticed that I was laying in the hospital. It's not hard for me to realise something this familiar.
Machines were beside my bed and I had an oxygen mask on.

"Oh my baby, how are you? Does something hurt?" my mother rushed over to me and hugging me tightly.

My father was only holding my hand squeezing it lightly and giving me a sad smile. I could see that he and my mom cried because their eyes were red and a bit puffy.

"I'm fine." I managed to say with my raspy voice.

My throat was dry and my dad stood up and gave me some water. I took big gulps and tried to speak but it still sounded as if I was an old man.

The door opened again and I saw Jake coming in with Dr. Reyenes. She looked at me and gave me a small smile which I returned.

"Elizabeth, it's nice to see you awake. How do you feel?" she asked as she stood beside me.

"Like always. Only my throat hurts a bit but nothing else." I said in honest as I leaned back in my bed.

"It will hurt for a while since you caught so hard. I will give something to less the pain." she said and wrote it down on her board.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked.

My parents looked at each other with sceptical eyes before turning back to me.

"You were out for three days, princess." my father said softly.

My eyes widened.

3 days?! Oh my God! Blake surely knows it now and Alice and the others....the whole school might know about it now!

I groaned and run my hands on my face.

"You oxygen level was really low which was really dangerous. It took us more than 3 hours to make sure that you were stable but you still needed support. You got a few attacks during your sleep but it seems like you didn't notice it at all." Dr. Reyenes explained.

I only looked at her blankly and than to my hands. Before I could do or say something the door opened revealing Alice, Rosie and Chase.

Why the hell is even Chase here?

The three came in without realising that I was awake but stopped when they saw me.
Both girls run up to me and hugged me while Chase only gave me a small smile.

"Damn girl! I hate you for this right now!" Alice said as she pulled back.

Their eyes were also a bit red and puffy.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?!" Rose asked with tears in her eyes.

I looked at them both shocked and turned to my parents.

Did they tell them about me?

As if reading my thoughts they shook their heads and then I looked at Chase who had regret in his eyes. I immediately figured out that he told them.

"I'm sorry." I said to the girls sitting in front of me crying.

They shook their heads and hugged me again and this time a bit tighter. I hesitated for a bit before asking my question which I was scared to know.

"Does Blake know?"