Chapter 9

Elizabeth's POV

*Beep beep beep be-*

I groaned and pressed my hand on the sleep mode.

Yes, I learned not to throw it across my room because this is my eighth alarm clock in only four months.

I turned to the other side trying to fall asleep again which failed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes with my palms and looked at the time. It was still early so I decided to take a shower before I dressed up for school. I went downstairs seeing my parents and Jake sitting on the dining table eating breakfast.

"Morning, princess." my father greeted.

"Morning, sweetheart." my mother said as she stood up and kissed my forehead.

"Do you want some pancakes?" my mom asked.

I nodded my head and she went to the kitchen. I sat down beside Jake who was half asleep while eating his pancakes.

"What happened to you? You look like someone who didn't sleep for years." I said raising an eyebrow.

"I only came home about 3 hours ago from Sarah. She got a fever so I decided to take care of her until her fever went down a bit. I will visit her later." Jake explained.

You see how sweet he is towards his girlfriend? It's really cute how much he cares about her and I can see that those two are so deep in love.

Will I find my love too?

That thought suddenly popped out in my brain. My face fell a bit. I wasn't sure if I will ever find my love of my life who loves me as much as I love him.

I sighed. My mom came out of the kitchen with a plate filled with pancakes. I began to eat when suddenly my mother began to speak.

"Dr. Reyenes wants to check up on you again. She said that you should go to the hospital after school. Do you want us to come with you?" Mom asked worried.

"No, it's okay. I go by myself. It's not that far." I said.

When I finished, I started to walk to school. I told Jake to sleep for a while instead of bringing me to school because he really looked tired and I don't want him to drive while he falls asleep every second. I don't want him to die like that.

When I arrived at school, I went straight to my locker taking out some books for the next three lessons I had when suddenly Blake approached me. I looked at him shocked and surprised at the same time but immediately covered it with a confusing look.

"I never thought you would ever come up to me instead of me chasing you everytime." I said.

He just rolled my eyes and handed me something that looked like a lunch box. I opened it and saw some mini muffins. I looked at him confused,waiting for him to speak.

"My mom asked me to give you these." he said.

"Oh.." is everything I could say.

He was about to leave when I grabbed his t-shirt.

"Wait." I said.

He frowned and looked at me annoyed.

"What is it now?" he asked cold.

"How are your...wounds?" I asked unsure.

He looked at me shocked before a smirk formed on his face.

"Don't tell me you fell for me?" he asked still smirking.

I tried to endure the need to roll my eyes and just looked at him.