[Chapter Fifty Seven]

Freya made hast through the ruin city. Swinging her blade at any orc that tried to stop her. Their were a few close calls she had with the oncoming orcs, where she thought this was the end for her but she managed to escape their harsh swings and she was finally out of Dale and now stood on the path that would take her up to Ravenhill.

The woman began the climb up the stairs, her entire body ached from all the running and fighting she had already done but she had to keep telling herself to push through the pain, she had to keep going until she found Thorin and warn him and the others of the danger that was coming to ambush them. The higher she climbed the harsher the blowing wind, blew past her cutting into her skin like knives and found it difficult to see clearly through the blowing snow. The hobbit followed the trail of dead orcs that Thorin, Dwalin, Fili and Kili had killed.

She began ascending up the next flight of stairs, thankful for the trail of dead bodies they had left behind to make it easier for her to know which path they went up. Freya dashed down a hall when something jumped out in front her, causing her to gasp and she realized it was a goblin. She went to swing at the creature only to miss and it grabbed her by the arms and the two of them struggled. The goblin tossed her to the ground at the other end of the hall, her sword just sliding out of her reach. The hideous being charged at her with its weapon and she backed away reaching for her sword and she grabbed and held it in front of her just as the goblin was about to strike her and she plunged it through it's chest and screeched in pain for it's last few moments before it exhaled it's last breath and Freya pushed the creature to the side and yanked her sword out of the goblin and turned around to keep going only to stop when she saw a familiar face. "Dwalin." Freya sighed in relief, still trying to catch her breath.

"Lass, you're alive." Dwalin exclaimed as he ran over to the hobbit and pulled her into a hug. "Come on." He said, after putting her back down on the ground and she followed the dwarf around the corner. Thorin, Fili and Kili were watching the tower for any sign of Azog as they waited for the return of the fearless dwarf who had gone to checkout what that noise had been. " Looky, who I found." Dwalin called out as they came around the corner to a platform. Thorin turned around, his face filled with a mixture of surprise and relief at who was standing beside the dwarf.

"Freya." Thorin gasped as he began to walked towards her.

"Thorin," Freya breathed as she ran over to him. Relieved to see that she wasn't too late to warn them at what was to come. Before the hobbit could say anything, she felt Thorin's hand on the back of her head, pulling her towards him, pressing his lips against hers. The woman's eyes widen at his action but held him close to her. Thorin pulled away suddenly and tugged the woman toward him, holding her close.

"Thank Durin, your alive." Thorin whispered, placing a kiss on the side of her head.

"I thought I was never going to see you again." Freya's voice broke as she tried not to let the tears come out.

"I'm so sorry Freya. I'm so sorry for everything." He sighed. Freya pulled away from Thorin and looked at him and smiled. She turned to the two brothers, overjoyed to see them unharmed and hugged them both. Freya had been so caught up in the moment that she nearly forgot about Azog's other army and she abruptly pulled away when she felt Thorin come to her side.

"Thorin, we have to get out here." Freya pressed in a serious tone.

"No. I am not letting Azog get away with this again. He will pay for what he has done." Thorin hissed.

"Thorin, please listen to me. You don't realize what is coming." The woman continued when Dwalin came rushing over to them, from patrolling the area.