Hair (Keith x Reader)

I wasn't sure what to do for my first 'x reader', but I decided to choose Keith as the first. Hope you enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Allura decided to send you and Keith on a mission to take out a couple alien thieves that were causing trouble on a neighboring planet. No big deal, he was your boyfriend after all. You two tried to keep your relationship a secret from the rest of the crew but you alas, made a fatal mistake... you told Allura. Within a day the whole team knew and are always teasing the two of you.

You and Keith loaded yourselves into a pod and waved goodbye to the others.
"Come straight back you two! No stopping for any funny business on the way back!" Lance shouted loud enough for all of Altea to hear.
You glared at him through the glass, cheeks bright red. That airhead makes jokes about you and Keith going off together to 'quiznak' far too often. I mean not that you would mind, you loved Keith and was extremely happy with him. You waved a small goodbye to the crew as you two bolted off to exterminate the threat on the nearby planet.
The ride there was a comfortable silence as the two of you made light conversation about the uncommon peace you guys had away from the rowdy group of paladins. "I'm just glad I get to spend time with you. Even if it's for just a few hours." Keith said. You smiled and leaned across to give him a peck on the cheek.

When you two arrived you headed to ask locals how you guys could help and if they had any advice on the thieves you were about to face.
"Hey, I heard from a local that the thieve's hideout is in the woods. I'd check there first." Keith reported to you.
"Sounds like a plan." You said and nodded.
You guys walked for about ten minuets before hearing a rustle in the trees. Keith put his arm out in front of you signaling for you to stop walking. Just as you looked up to the sky, two figures jumped from the treetops. They didn't look like the locals, they were both about three inches taller than you and had belts and with pouches hanging off of random articles of clothing, each armed with a dagger.
Keith cleared his throat and spoke "We mean no harm, we ask that you leave this planet and return the valuables you've taken from the people that live here." Silence was all to be heard before the thieves started to circle you two. One's focus was trained on Keith, the other's was on you. You pulled out your blaster and Keith unsheathed his blade. After a few seconds one of the thieves made a move toward you, slashing the blade toward your head. You ducked and kicked them in the stomach, they stumbled back and fell, hitting their head on the stump of a tree. You looked over to see how Keith was doing. His challenger was noticeably much more skilled than yours. Keith was an amazing fighter and you didn't doubt that he could handle this. But the thief faked a blow to the side of Keith's head and as Keith went up to block the thief swiped their foot under Keith's legs, making him fall. Before the thief could do anymore you raised your blaster and shot the thief down. Keith's and your eyes met for a brief second.
He smirked "I had him right where I want- watch out (YN)!" You heard a 'shink' from just behind you, you spun around to see the thief that had hit their head holding a large chunk of your long (HC) hair. You were seething with rage that someone in their right mind would actually freaking CUT your hair. You brought the handle of your blaster down on their head and they crumbled to the ground. Tears stung your eyes as you reached back to feel the obvious section of missing hair at the back of your head. Keith took your hand away from the back of your head and held it tightly in his. You let the village's authorities know about the crooks. Keith lifted you into the pod as you put on a smile and waved to the locals. It felt good to help people but you felt disappointment over your missing hair. After takeoff Keith reached across and patted your knee.
"1. You still look incredibly hot. 2. I love you, no matter how you look. And 3. Say anything I could do to make you smile and I'll do it." He said sweetly. Man, you were lucky to have him with you, if Lance were here he would be teasing you like there's no tomorrow.
You sniffled "Can you fix my hair?"
He looked at you from the corner of his eye. "Ya know, I cut my hair myself all the time. I could cut yours too?"
"I don't think I want a mullet, babe." You looked over at him.
He chuckled. "I don't want you to have a mullet either, they're cool but I think maybe a shoulder length cut? Does that sound good?"
You smiled. " It's better than my current situation right?" You guys shared a laugh.
After looking in the medical kit, Keith found some scissors.
"You ready to receive the galaxy's greatest haircut?" You smiled as a yes. You felt your head getting lighter as he snipped the hair. "Close your eyes." He instructed. He guided you to the front window of the ship, your eyes sealed tight. You heard his deep voice over your shoulder."Okay...open!"
Your eyes spring open and you looked at your reflection in the front window. Your breath was taken away. He did an amazing job! You ran your fingers through your new hair squealing in disbelief and excitement.
"Thank you so much Keith, I love it!" You squealed in happiness.
He looked at your happy, excited form "There's that smile!" He said triumphantly. The both of you headed back to the castle and Keith showed off your new hair to everyone. Everyone said you looked great.
Later at night you were laying on Keith's chest as he played with your short hair.
"You know, I didn't think you could become more beautiful, but here you are proving me wrong once again." He said looking down at you.
You moved your head toward his and stared into his eyes lovingly "I'm so lucky to have you Keith, thank you for being so amazing."
Keith smiled at you "Hey, if you weren't here, I wouldn't have someone to be awesome for."