•twenty•

Afflon and I were currently heading down to Level 19, although it was the master level for tech, all the blue prints for gadgets were stored away there.

Suddenly, the lights in the lift flickered, Afflon unexpectedly altered into a lemon yellow fog. My breathing had started to hitch uneasily heavy, my posture turned while my head swayed from side to side, then I saw it... a red mist. My body tuned to the opposite side, there he was, Enzio.

"Who are you?" I stood strong, knowing this was some sort of dark sorcery.

"I already told you, mi chiamo Enzio." His lips spoke.

"I know that you freak." I needed to know who he really was, not what his name is.

"Time will tell, il mio incubo. I wish you luck and a deserved win for days to come." With that the man vanished and in a millisecond everything was back to normal.

Il mio incubo? I don't know Italian but I need to find out what he's saying, it's like he's dropping little scattered clues.

The elevator swiftly got back to normal while my eyes took some time to adjust to the lighting. In front of me I saw Afflon's hand over the automated elevator door.

"Flower wake up!" His voice emerged me back into my current state when I realised we had reached and that he was holding the doors for me.

"Spaced out." I shook myself getting out, I couldn't help but wonder what he meant in those last sentences, it almost felt like he knew my plans.

I need to find out who this mysterious Enzio is.

We walked into the room, ignoring every other human and just minding our own business.

I asked Afflon to show me what was new in store and that's why I was trailing behind him to the end of the room, hungry gawking eyes preying on us.

We moved to the single table where various sheets were pinned down, my fingers trailed over the papers as I walked along the long table.

"All standard issue?" I limited my words, asking Afflon.

"Only some, we actually do have some prototypes." I watched him from the corner of my eye as he trailed over to a stand with many squared shelves that were occupied by luggages. It looked like those shelves that were used to put your bags in if you ever entered a science room.

I watched his hands as he plopped a silver bag onto the table, almost ignoring the fragile texture of the paper below him.

He used numbers I couldn't comprehend as I was opposite to him, but nevertheless the code had worked. He twisted the small box case, my eyes fell to a handgun carefully placed in the middle of the case, resting in a deep space perfectly fitted for the it.

"It was programmed just recently, it only activates to your touch so no one else can shoot out of it but you." He smiled. "Take it."

I reached over to the gun, placing it on my hand it possessed a wide area for me to rest my hand, I felt a small sting around my fingertips and central palm.

"The sting is because it has now manually collect the algorithm from your hand." He explained.

"What kind of bullets would I need?" My eyes never stopped adoring the new weapon, but it was just a prototype.