CHAPTER II Simple Lass

July rain watered the city and people were kept within their homes. Ainney in her uniform that looked a bit odd for not ironing it well. She was ready to be in school, as always be. Her black bag has been decorated with remnants of thread stitches but it looked neat. Books were the reason why her bag gave up. As she opened the door, it produced a squeak sound due to rusty and non-lubricant metal. She saw the busy school fronting their balcony. Noise where highly accommodated by her ears. She got her umbrella on, and walked outside avoiding the mud brought by the rain.

She walked all the way to her school, at about 60 meters from her house. It has been her routine. Upon walking the wet sidewalk of North John Street, an expensive car parked for a moment beside her. She stopped from moving as the rain continued to wet the city.

A boy wearing his white and clean expensive uniform got off from the car, she saw the logo of his uniform; St. Patrick's Academy. His well ironed khaki pants and shiny shoes made his physique more adorable. He looked at her for a moment then refrained from looking as he directly bought something in a small store. He bought pencil and a sharpener.

"Keep the change." He ought to say. Heeding back to the car and all of the sudden he winked at her. The car accelerated passing her location.

It seemed like her face dropped before she knew it. She looked around to see if other people noticed her vacant stare to a St.Patrick stud. She proceeded moving forward.

Almost at the her school's main gate, image of the boy popped up inside her thoughts, his flawless and beige skin with free from pimples and his perfume diffused in the air that attracted her nostrils to allow the scent inside her system. A boy rushed by and bumped her, eyebrows almost met and she made her words, "watch your step!"

"Next time around, don't block my way." The unknown boy responded without facing her.

He was different from St. Patrick stud, he got pimples on his brown and unhealthy skin. Untidy shoes and the scent it was ridiculous. At exactly 6:47 in the morning she entered in the biggest public school in the city with thousands of students admitted. Welcome to North John High School established in 1991.