The Moments In Between.

Well, I have finally started hashing out the ending for this story.  I can't say exactly how many chapters are going to be left, but we are nearing the end.  And because the end may be a bit of a roller coaster...here is some fluff.  Enjoy!

It was only a few weeks I had been absent from my hunter life.  In that time Crowley had begun making  his move.  Demon activity had increased tenfold.  Monsters appearing at a rate that hunters couldn't keep up with.  No one knew what caused it.  But even news reports were starting to reveal the life we tried to keep hidden from normal people.  Of course those reports were met with great skepticism.  But it wouldn't stay that way if things didn't change.  They told me heaven had fallen into shambles in my absence.  Cas had been busy trying soothe things over.  I grabbed a beer for Dean, Sam and I while they told me what I missed.  I handed one to each of them before opening my own.  I sat on the couch in the library next to Dean.  They all looked at me.  I calmly took a long sip of my drink.

"Well, that pretty much sucks," I said, "I was really looking forward to a day off."

"You hear all that and you just want a day off?"  Bobby asked.

"Well, yeah, I wasn't just sitting around reading books. The practical work really got me."

"Well, we came back just to resupply and whatever," Dean said, "but if you'd rather hang around here..."

"Come on, Dean, if you want my help you just need to ask."

"I haven't even seen y-"

I moved my finger slightly.  A grin popped across my lips.  Dean continued to talk, but no sound came out.   Sam laughed, Bobby spit out his drink.  Dean looked like he was rather upset, but no sound came from him. He crossed his arms and sunk into the chair.

"James told me that might come in handy," I laughed as my hand reversed the motion.

"Do that again and I will make you pay," Dean huffed.

"Hey, had to show you I can do something."

"So this is what I'm thinking," Sam spoke with a slight chuckle remaining in his voice, "there is a lot of hunter coverage on the east coast right now.  With growing number of vampire nests and shifters out west I am thinking we should head to Wyoming.  I found a lead on one of the nests.  They're moving in a pattern and we can follow it further west from there."

"A good ol' fashioned road trip.  What are you gonna do Bobby?" I asked.

"I'm handling intel for the time being.  A lot of people need info and directions right now."

"Will you be okay by yourself?"

"I might be older, but I can still handle myself, ___."

"Alright.  Sounds like we need to get going," I said.

"Wouldn't be a bad idea," Dean said.

I finished my beer and stood up.  And all I wanted was a day or two to relax.  That wasn't our life though.  My bags were pretty much packed.  I went through them making sure everything I needed was there.  I found an envelope tucked at the bottom.  My hands pulled it from under my clothes.  There as nothing on the outside.  My hand slipped beneath the fold of the envelope.  The paper tore free from the adhesive that held them together.

____,

We talked a lot about you.  How to handle yourself, powers and keep yourself in the right mindset.  However, we didn't talk much about me.  Enclosed is another paper that has something I want you to keep on you.  When Sam and Dean helped me another witch was messing with my head and memories.  I was seeing things I thought were real, but weren't.  Since then I had visions.  I don't know how real they are, or if they are just dreams that are too vivid for my taste.  But upon meeting you I had one that was almost painfully vivid.  It was unclear what was happening except for what was enclosed.  These words were so loud, so clear.  And a voice told me you needed them.  So when I woke I scribbled them down.  I hid them in your bag.  If they would help you, I can't be sure.  But may you find them helpful in your endeavors.