Old Acquaintances.

We didn't hang around Bobby's for long.  There was another case they were looking into.  Bobby told me to keep in touch and gave me a hug before I left.  Dean received a stern glare from him before leaving.  I threw my bag in the back seat and followed after it quickly.  Sam got in, followed by Dean.

"I'm so excited for this," I chuckled.

"It's a hunt," Sam said a little confused by my excitement.

"Yeah, but with the best hunters around.  This is like a dream come true."

"You're coming along for the ride, but if it's too dangerous you will be sitting it out on the sidelines," Dean said.

"What? I can handle it.  I can handle anything."

"We'll see."

I sat back against the seat.  Dean turned up the radio as we headed off.  Sam rustled through papers as we drove on.  After a few hours Sam turned and woke me up from the nap I was taking.  He handed me some newspaper.  He said it had to do with the job.  I read through it.  People missing for weeks and then showing up dead.  It was odd, but one thing came to mind.  I sat up and leaned on the front seat.

"Think it's a shifter?" I asked.

"Could be," Sam answered.

"Well, that's my guess.  They usually keep the person they are mimicking alive, but I could always be wrong."

"Guess we will see when we get there," Dean remarked, "who's hungry?"

"Jeez, hungry already?"

"We haven't eaten in awhile."

"That was like an hour ago."

"We have been on the road for six hours.  Did you fall asleep again?" he asked kind of shocked.

"No."

"Uh huh.  I don't think you get to question anything the way you're sleeping."

"Well, I could always drive if you want," I said slyly.

"Go back to sleep," he groaned.

"Wow," Sam said.

"What is it?" we asked in unison.

He just stared at us for a moment.  We made the same face at him waiting for him to continue.  He started to laugh.

"You are like female version of Dean."

Both of us gave him a disgusted look.  I sat back as we turned into a gas station with some local fast food chain attached.  I offered to grab food while Dean filled the tank. Sam walked in with me.  I ordered myself some food.  Sam got a salad ad we carried it out to the car.  Dean was waiting for us. I jumped in the back with the food.  I handed Sam his food and then a box for Dean.

"What's this?" he asked.

"Food," I said, "eat."

"The hell is this?"

"A salad."

"Why did you give that to me?"

"Thought you could use something healthier in your diet," I said while unwrapping a burger.

"Gimmie that," he said.

"Shouldn't we get going?" Sam asked.

"We'll go when she gives me that burger."

I bit into the burger and grinned with a mouthful, "too late."

"Like that'll stop me," he turned grabbing the burger from my hand. He bit into it as I made a disgusted groan.