Chapter 7 Defense Against the Dark Arts Class

Start from the beginning

Remus was about to walk into the classroom when he too felt the eyes upon him, he turned and saw them in a dark corner of the hallway. Remus took out his wand and began walking toward the familar set of eyes. He cautiously continues forward, expecting the eyes to disappear as they had with the other teachers who had seen them. Instead there is a low growl coming from the shadows and Remus realizes what it is, The Dire Wolf. The wolf stands up and comes out of the shadows, staring Remus down growling very softly, only loud enough for Remus to hear.

"Oh so you're the one who has been haunting the halls today." The wolf continues to stare at Remus.

"Been protecting Miss. Xavier all day, have you?"

The wolf stands to its full height and nods, this surprises Remus a little, he was not expecting a response. Remus tries to move closer to the wolf, but he drops back down in a defensive position, growling once again at Remus.

"I'm not going to hurt her if that's what you're worried about, I promise. If you want, go in and be with her if you don't trust me."  Remus says to the wolf in his calmest voice.

The wolf looks like he's considering it, he snarls one last time at Remus, slinks back into the shadows and vanishes. This left Remus feeling satisfied, although a little weirded out because it could do that. With an amused smirk he walks into his classroom.

Once he enters, however, he notices in the corner closest  to Alina the amber eyes reappear.

'I guess he doesn't trust me after all.' Remus thinks.

"Good afternoon class I am your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Remus Lupin. For the beginning of this term, we will be reviewing what you have learned over the past six years, so I can measure your strengths and your weaknesses. After which we will work on your weaknesses to prepare you for your N.E.W.T.s. But today we shall start out with something fun."

Remus takes out his wand and summons a cabinet, he places it in the middle of the room, the cabinet begins to rattle.

"Can anyone tell me what's in this cabinet?"

"A boggart, sir." A girl from Hufflepuff answers.

"Correct, 10 points to Hufflepuff, does anyone remember what a boggart is?"

Maxine raises her hand and is called upon.

"A boggart is a shapeshifter that usually lurks in dark spaces. It has no definite form, taking the shape of that which is most feared by the person who encounters it. When not in the sight of a person, it is believed to look like a dark blob."

"Correct 10 points to Gryffindor, and how do you fight off a boggart, Miss. Xavier?"

"To repel or destroy a boggart, it must be laughed at. The spell Riddikulus can be cast to force the boggart to assume a generally amusing shape of what the caster mentally conceives."

"Correct another 10 points. Today we shall have a little fun and make fun of our darkest fears, everyone line up please."

Everyone rushes to get in line, Professor Lupin let's the boggart out and the fun begins. After the student would confront the boggart he would go and sit down to let the next person go. That's how it went all class period, people facing their fears and overcominng them. Until it came to Alina's turn.

She had been laughing along with everyone else as they faced the boggart. She wasn't sure what her's would turn into, last time they did this in Ilvermorny it was a snake, but she had long since gotten over that fear. So what was it now?

It was Alina's turn to face the boggart, it whirled around and suddenly there stood a giant of a man dressed completely in black with a black trench coat on, He smiles at Alina showing off his tiger like canines he takes a step forward and she takes on back.