Max

"Max, hey Max."

I sat on a bench in the garden in the back yard of the R&R offices. I finally looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Rex standing in front of me.

"Rex! I'm sorry I'm lost in my head right now," I said apologizing standing up to greet him. He waved at me to sit back down and sat next to me.

"Do you know why I would like for the models not to date each other?" Rex asked me.

"Uh...?" I guess he must have heard the little shouting match earlier. Shit.

"My goal is to keep a professional atmosphere. That's why I have the rule about no sex between employees during work hours unless it has to do with work. While I would really like for employees not to date at all I know it's unrealistic. Some great couples have met and fell in love on set. The studio I started with eons ago was small. The majority of the models that worked there were painfully young and stupid. Work ethic wasn't very high. Diva moments and bitch fits were common occurrences. I'm kind of surprised they were able to make as many films as they did. The models would mess around off set and when they had to work together on set you would get jealous tantrums that I thought were hilarious. Were these guys seriously going to get upset over Dick boning Dick on the side when that's what we did for a living! It just never made sense to me. Not unless they were in a serious relationship and none of them were."

"I'm sorry about earlier Rex. It was never my intention to make a scene especially not one that involved Ellie," I said.

"Max, if you want to date my daughter I give you my blessing. I've known you a long time and you are a good man. I just want you to keep your personal life out of your work life. That is for Ellie's benefit as well," Rex said sincerely.

"Your not concerned that I'm gay or a porn model?" I asked somewhat in disbelief.

"Do you love my daughter?"

"Yes," I answered without hesitation.

"Are you attracted to her?"

"Yes."

"I would be concerned if you weren't attracted to her in a sexual way. Love isn't always enough to make a relationship work. I once loved a woman very much, and actually enjoyed a sexual relationship with her. I had my heart broken when she rejected my marriage proposal but she told me that while she wanted to become my wife more than anything I was going to make some man a wonderful wife one day. Ellie's mom was a beautiful smart soul. She loved and accepted me for me before I ever did. My parents were extremely conservative and even thinking about coming out to them in high school gave me panic attacks, so I just buried it deep. Once Ellen stopped being my safety net I had to start being true to myself, but I would have been happy with Ellen. She was just smart enough to know that a marriage between us wouldn't have been as satisfying as what she experienced with her husband Kevin or what I have with Nate."

"I want Ellie," I said honestly, "I'm not really sure when it started, but I don't want to spend anymore wasted time apart from her."

"Good. What can I say about you being a porn model? I was one myself. You and Ash need to treat my baby well," Rex said.

"We will. Hopefully she decides to give us a chance," I promised.

"Ellie can be stubborn but I know for a fact her Pop is talking to her right now so I wouldn't worry to much," Rex said with a wink.

"Thanks Rex."

"Thank you for loving my girl. You and Ash are ten times better than that asshat!"

We looked at each other and broke into giggles. I know what you are thinking and yes giggles are very manly.