Money make her smile - Harry

Start from the beginning

Charlotte does relatively well on her own because of her ‘job’ and she’s been trying to talk me into working with her lately since you’ve been struggling so much. Yeah, she’s a stripper. It’s not some trashy place; it’s actually one of the highest end one’s in London. The pay is good, they let you keep the lingerie, and the guys, according to her, are mostly our age instead of the nasty, bored middle aged men like most. It’s just not something I think I’d be comfortable doing.

I used to dance when I was younger but it was mostly ballet or lyrical stuff nothing that would really help me with a pole. No, there was no way I could do it. She’s offered to lend me money but I refuse having had her already help me out with food and gas money enough times before.

“I mean no offense but it’d be better than relying on Daren.”

The only reason I’ve been getting by since I lost was job was because of this guy I’m seeing, Daren. He’s this man I met while working at the bar. He’s nearly thirty and a huge douche but he’s loaded. Sounds horrible? Well, it is but I’m desperate so he’s my ticket away from being homeless.

He asked me to move in with him a few days ago but lately I’ve been feeling bad about the whole thing and told him I had to think about it. We’ve been together about six months which was early but that was the least of my worries.

“You’re seriously my idol” she chuckled. “I don’t know how you do it though.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I mean…he can be an asshole but who isn’t and I like him I guess. Plus, the sex is good so there’s that too. His money just keeps me there.”

She laughed and gave me a quick hug before walking towards the door. “You know you could always take Harry up on his offer” she hinted then left.

There’s this guy that used to be a regular at the bar I worked at. His name’s Harry I think. Curly hair, tall, green eyes always ordered a scotch neat and sat in the same seat every Friday night. At first, he started coming with a friend or a date but after a while it was just him, and that’s when the flirting began. He was a nice guy and funny to talk to while I served the other idiots there but he was very persistent in wanting to take me out. He’s asked nearly a dozen times but I was with Daren, sort of, and whether or not what kind of relationship it is I wasn’t going to be one of those whores.

It wasn’t hard to notice he had money though. This one day a month ago, he had overheard on the phone with my bank and he ended up leaving a hundred dollar bill underneath his glass before he left as a tip. I didn’t want to take it but I wasn’t about to leave it there for someone else to take. He had to only be about 25, 26. I swear I’ve seen him somewhere before but never asked him about it. I wouldn’t be able to anyways since I got fired.

The rest of the week went by slowly I tried searching everywhere and anywhere downtown that I could find a job but nothing good was hiring. It was then that I finally went over to Daren’s with fake excitement taking him up on his offer by agreeing to move in with him.

*Three Months Ago*

I was running as fast as I could to get to class which was going to be useless at this point. There was no way I was going to get to class on time now. This was the third time I was going to be last this week. It wasn’t my fault though; it was my dick of a boyfriend’s fault. We’ve been fighting a lot lately and as usual told me to ‘get your own fucking ride to school’ before I stormed out.

Ever since I moved in with him, he’s changed. He demands things from me and yells at me if I don’t do them. And it’s like every little thing he does annoys the hell out of me. I feel like I’m married to him and it’s suffocating. I’ve still got almost a year until I get my Master’s though so I needed him. Ever since he’s been getting mad he’s been threatening to stop helping me pay for school or even warning me that he’ll throw me out if I don’t ‘listen to him’ whatever the fuck that means. The point is I was running out of options and if you had to run to class one more time because I couldn’t pay to take the bus then I’m dead.