19

STEVE

Do I feel bad about getting a little intimate with Tori? No. Do I feel guilty about getting her into it as well? A little. Do I want....it...to happen eventually? Maybe, maybe not. Okay, more like yes.

She seems kind of flustered by my actions, but she admits that she liked it. With the blush that creeps across her cheeks and the small smirk that plasters her face after I mention it, it's pretty obvious. After that, we lay in bed and I play with her hair while she scrolls through her phone. I peek over her shoulder with her jaw dropping brunette locks twirled around my fingers, scanning through the various news articles. They're all about the flying suits in the sky on Tuesday afternoon, the Stark siblings and Rhodes. However, they still haven't figured out that it was me flailing around in that hunk of metal called a suit.

I heave out a sigh, glancing away from the article. Tori proceeds to read them avidly, trying to pick out every detail about the citizens' current knowledge that has been leaked onto the internet. I begin to plait her hair, forming one large braid going down her back.

"I've been thinking about cutting it," Tori states, still on her phone.

I give her subtle puppy eyes behind her back. "Why?"

She sighs in frustration. "I'm just kind of getting tired of it. It makes me look like a kid and I'm almost thirty. I can't be that twenty-five year old anymore because I'm truly an adult now. Plus it's just a pain to deal with," she vents.

"Oh," I mumble, nodding in confirmation. Completely understandable. I mean, if I had to deal with a big poof of hair everyday, I would hate it and chop it off sooner rather than later.

"But I'm probably going to wait a while before I do eventually do it," she adds, causing a sigh of relief to escape through my parted lips. She chuckles. "What? You don't want me to cut it?" she asks.

"No, no, no! I mean, you can do what you want with it. It's not my hair, after all. I'll love what you love, darling," I stutter.

She turns around to face me, her lips pursed. "You want it to be long enough so that you can braid it, don't you?"

"Yes," I confess.

"Good, because I'm not getting it any shorter than my neck," she chuckles.

I smile, returning back to braiding. I gingerly brush a shorter strand of hair behind her ear. Tori goes back onto her phone, scrolling through. This time, however, she goes off of the original topic. I see pictures of suburban houses pop up on to the screen.

"Taking Tony's advice, I see?" I question, peering over her shoulder to see as she nods in reply. Some houses look pretty nice, I do admit. It seems like she does too because she scrolls through every picture of the house on that website she's on. Some we both cringe at and carry on to a new one. Tori points out red stains on the carpet or how I would hit my head on the short door frames and immediately clicks off that one while I focus on the surrounding area as she scrolls through the exterior pictures and the descriptions. A few seem to be in nice neighborhoods but are extremely overpriced while others are the complete opposite.

One house pops onto the screen that really captures my attention. It's not too big or small, it's nice inside and outside, and it's not that expensive. "Can we look more at that one?" I pipe up.

"Yeah," Tori says. "I was thinking that it looked good too."

She taps on the small phone screen and scrolls through the pictures. This house it nice, really nice. Modern, yes, but I've come to love the simplicity of the style. I do have to get used to it eventually, especially since my girlfriend has grown up in houses like it. Her eyes light up with delight once she sees the large modernized kitchen and the green backyard. I take a liking to the color combinations of black, white, beige, and lighter brown tone of the wood together.