Dix-sept

Whoop! Look how far we are in this story, it doesn't even seem like that much because there is so much left to go. So many more people to meet and so many more things to happen. I swear I think I'm trying to turn this into a soap opera. WHICH ITS NOT BY THE WAY

**

We left the farm while the sun was setting, everyone was so tired. My favourite part of the day was when I went to go feed Jeremy and Michelle helped then Jace and Ricky followed us to see what we were doing. Michelle and Jace openly flirted and Ricky and I found it funny to watch. Of course Michelle didn't mention anything about Logan - aka the guy she went on a date with the other day.

The next morning Michelle didn't take her eye off her phone until noon. She walked into the my office and saw me just surfing through Twitter and sat down beside me. "Whoa, you're finally finished talking to your boyfriends?"

She rolled her eyes at me but didn't reply becasue Ally burst into the room, "Darby! I need your help! Like now!"

"With what?" I asked standing up quickly. The sudden alarm in my voice must have startled Jeremy becasue he started to cry from the little swing he was in. I walked over to him and picked him up as Ally explained to me her problem.

"I may have a friend who may or may not have a date tonight with a guy she may or may not have been avoiding all year in Univercity because he may or may not be out of her league. But she may or may not really really like him and may or may not think he's the hottest guy on the planet and she also may or may not might be scared to do something stupid around him."

Michelle and I both looked at her with our jaws open slighlty.

"I'm going to try ton translate this..." I said, "so you have a date tonight."

"I have a friend who may or may not have a date tonight." 

I nodded my head, "Right. And you avoided him all year becasue you think he is out of your league."

"SHE avoided him all year becasue he may or may not be out of her league."

"But you really really like him becasue you think he's the hottest guy on the planet and because of his hottness you think you might do something stupid around him."

"SHE might do something stupid around him," she let out a frustrated sigh, "we are talking about my friend here, not me."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "and who is this friend?"

She opened her mouth a few times and closed it as she searched for an answer, "her name is... Lyric!"

I sighed through my nose and looked to Michelle who was confused. "So... you're friend is your 'alter-ego'?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about," she said blank faced.

I ran my hand through my hair, "so Lyric wants my advice?"

She nodded her head eagerly, "she does very much-so."

"Ok, well tell her to just be herself, if he doesn't like her for herself then she should find another man because he isn't good enough for her. And that if he hurts her that my alter-ego Jasmine will slit his throat. Because that is what she does."

Ally looked at me horrified, "but he's too hot for you to hurt!"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't hurt people, Jasmine does."

She left the room with a confused look on her face and when I looked back at Michelle, she wore the same expression. "Alter-ego?"

"Well we all talked about how one day we wanted to change our names to something and mine was Jasmine while Ally's was Lyric. Kirian was Alice, Mika was Josephine, Ashley was Breyer, and Ciara was Hope. It's just a little thing we have between us as friends."

Michelle nodded her head, "alrightly then, you must now call me... Cleopatra!"

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, "why...?"

"Bow down to me!" She shouted.

I shook my head, "not in a million years."

"Meanie," she retorted.

I rolled my eyes, "real mature."