The Rebel Flesh - Part One ✔️

Start from the beginning

*Island*

The TARDIS materializes on the island and the Doctor steps out and looks up at the weathervane at the top of the spire "Behold! A cockerel. Love a cockerel. And, underneath, a monastery, 13th-century." Doctor said as we step out as well "Oh, we've gone all medieval." Amy said "I'm not sure about that." Rory said to her "Really? Medieval expert, are you?" I ask him smirking "No, it's just that I can hear Dusty Springfield." Rory said I listen in and in the background can be heard "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" we walk towards a stairway and see a hole in the ground with an exposed pipes "These fissures are new. The solar Tsunami sent out a huge wave of gamma particles. This was caused by a magnetic quake that occurred just before the wave hit." Doctor explained "Well, the monastery's standing." Amy said The Doctor takes a snow globe from his pocket and shakes it "Yeah, for now." Doctor said as he studies the  globe and puts it away.

"Doctor, look." Rory said on the pipe are the words "DANGER Corrosive" "Ah, it's a supply pipe." Doctor said as he scans the pipes "Ceramic inner lining. Something corrosive. They're pumping something nasty off this island, to the mainland." Doctor explained I smile "My mum's a massive fan of Dusty Springfield." I say laughing so does Rory "Who isn't? Right, let's go. Satisfy our rabid curiosity." Doctor said The Doctor climbs the wooden stairs followed by me, Amy and Rory.

*Monastery Courtyard, Day*

Some of the buildings are in ruins but a large portion are inhabitable "So, where are these Dusty Springfield-loving monks, then?" Amy asked I chuckle the Doctor scans area with sonic "I think we're here. This is it." Doctor said "Doctor, what are you talking about? We've never been here before." Rory points out The Doctor climbs another set of steps "We came here by accident." I said as we follow "Accident"? Yes, I know. Accident." Doctor said Rory touches one of the pipes running alongside the stairs and pulls his hand away "Ah! Ow!" Rory complains "Acid. They're pumping acid off this island. That's old stuff. Fresh acid? You wouldn't have a finger." Doctor tells him The Doctor continues as me and Amy look at Rory's hand a alarm blares "Intruder alert. Intruder alert." Computer said The Doctor comes back "There are people coming. Well, almost." Doctor said "Almost coming?" Amy asked him "Almost people." Doctor said The Doctor heads off and Amy follows "I think we should probably go." Rory said I roll my eyes "Come on!" I tell him "I'm telling you, when something runs towards you, it's never for a nice reason." Rory said to me I groan and grab him by the arm dragging him along.

*Monastery, Harness Room, Day*

In the window alcoves are human-shaped harnesses, three of which are occupied by people in orange jumpsuits The Doctor, me, Amy and Rory rush in "What are all these harnesses for?" Amy asked as we looked around "Uh, the almost people?" Rory asked "What are they, prisoners? Or are they meditating, or what?" I ask confused "Well, at the moment, they fall into the "or what" category." Doctor said "Halt and remain calm." Computer said we stop "Well, we've halted. How are we all doing on the "calm" front?" Doctor asked us I roll my eyes "Very well thank you." I say sarcastically at that moment a man, another man and the woman enter the room both men have lances pointed at us "Don't...Move!" One shouts the woman moves closer to us "Stay back, Jen. We don't know who they are." The other man said to her "So let's ask them. Who the hell are you?" Jen asked us "Well, I'm the Doctor and this is Gracie, Amy and Rory and it's all very nice, isn't it?" Doctor asked her Amy realizes that the people talking with us are duplicates of those in the harnesses "Hold up. You're all — what are you all, like, identical twins?" Amy asked them another man and woman still in acid suits enter from behind them "This is an Alpha-grade industrial facility. Unless you work for the military or for Morpeth Jetson, you are in big trouble." The woman said "Actually, you're in big trouble." Doctor said as he shows his psychic paper.