Chapter 6

9 MONTHS LATER

You're laying on the couch with your hands on your huge stomach. Niall will be home from tour in a few minutes. You're on bed rest, doctor's orders. You hear the front door open. "Ash?" You hear Niall's voice and excitement fills your body. "In the living room Niall," You say, and he walks over to you. When he sees your stomach his eyes get huge. "Woah. You look umm... different than you did 6 months ago," He says. Right then, one of your babies kicks. "Ouch..." You say. "So when are you due again?" Niall asks. "In a few days, thank god," You tell him. "Have my daughters been good?" Niall asks you with a slight smile on his face. "If you consider kicking me every other second good, then yes, they've been good," You tell him. He bends down and says to your tummy, "Promise, Ivy, that's no way to treat your mommy." You get a sharp pain in your stomach and whimper. "What's wrong?" Niall asks with a scared expression on his face. "I don't know but this isn't right," You say. The pain comes back, much worse this time. "Do you think..." Niall says. "Oh god. Probably." You say. "Well then wed better get you to a hospital yeah?" He says. You nod your head and he helps you up. You realize that your water just broke. You walk to Niall's car with his arm around you. You get in and he runs over to his side, starts the car, and takes off. Now your stomach hurts worse than ever before. You wince and let out a slight whimper. "We're almost there princess," Niall says, grabbing your hand. You get there and he helps you out of the car. He leads you over to the emergency part of the hospital and they bring you into an all-white room. Before you can say anything, they put an IV into your arm and the pain fades away. A doctor comes in with a nurse and they have Niall wait outside the room. They change you into a hospital gown and do a quick exam before inserting another needle into your other arm and that's the last thing you remember before blacking out.