Chapter 4

You wake up in your bed. Niall must've moved you from the couch. Its 10 AM and Niall is asleep next to you with his arms around your stomach. "Morning Princess," He says sleepily. "Morning Nialler," You say, getting up and going to the toilet. You wash your hands and comb your hair. You remember that you have the doctor visit. "Niall, are you coming with to the doctor today?" You ask loudly so he can hear you. "Of course, I want to know if our baby's okay," He says, with a slightly worried tone. You walk out into your walk-in closet and pick out a long-sleeved purple T-shirt with some dark skinny jeans. You could still fit into them because you didn't have a baby bump yet, considering you were only 3 weeks pregnant. You put your hair into a messy bun and go downstairs for breakfast, and Niall's already down there cooking bacon and eggs, the usual. You sit down and he gives you a plate of food. "Thanks," You say, eating it quickly so that you could go do your makeup. Once you're done, you go upstairs into the bathroom and start on your appearance. You brush your teeth, curl your hair, and put on your makeup: Mascara, purple eyeliner, blue eye shadow, light red lipstick, and some mineral foundation. "Well, I look semi-decent," You say to yourself. "What are you talking about? You're gorgeous," You hear Niall say and see him standing in the bathroom doorframe. "You think?" You ask him. You've never had much self-confidence. "Yeah, you look absolutely beautiful," He says. "We'd better go, the appointment is in a half hour," You say. He grabs your hand and pulls you out of the bathroom, down the stairs, and out the front door. He opens your car door for you, but as you're about to sit down, you feel the pain in your lower back again, worse this time. "Oww," You say, wincing in pain. "What's wrong?" Niall asks. "I don't know, its that pain in my back again," You tell him. "Its a good thing that were going to the doctor then," He says. "Yeah," You say, getting in the car. He closes the door and gets in the driver's seat. You sit back and close your eyes. The pain in your back is getting worse. "You alright?" Niall asks you. "Not really, it hurts really bad now," You tell him. "He grabs your hand and squeezes it, as if he was saying that everything was going to be okay. "We're here princess," He says, and gets out of the car. He opens your door and helps you out of the car. You two walk hand-in-hand to the clinic doors. They swing open automatically. You walk in to the area where you register for your appointment. "You sit here, I'll go get us signed in," He tells you, and you take a seat in one of the chairs. In about 2 minutes he comes and gets you. "Ready?" He asks you. "I think so," You tell him, standing up and interlocking fingers with him. You go up 3 flights of stairs and sit down in the waiting room for the doctor that you were scheduled to see. "Ashlie Stewart?" A nurse says. "Let's go Ash," Niall says. You two stand up and walk towards the nurse. "You two can take a seat in this room," The nurse says, pointing to a small blue room. You sit down and the nurse asks you some questions about your age and that kind of thing. "The doctor should be in in just a minute hon," She says smiling at you. She leaves the room and closes the door behind her. Niall puts his arm around you and asks, "Does it still hurt?" "Yeah, not as bad though," You tell him. Just then, a tall man with brown hair and blue eyes walks into the room. "You must be Ashlie?" He asks. "Yeah," You say smiling. "And you are?" He asks Niall. "Niall," He says. "Nice to meet you two. I see that you're here for some pregnancy issues?" "Yeah," You say. You go through the details of it with him. "Im gonna have my nurses do an ultrasound to see if there's anything wrong. They'll be in shortly," He says smiling, and left the room. Within 2 minutes the nurses come wheeling in a small machine on a cart with a tube of what looks like petrolium jelly. "Have you had an ultrasound before?" The shorter one asks you. "Yeah," You say. You had one a few years ago for some kidney thing. "Okay, just lay down on the table for me and it'll only take a moment," She tells you. You lay down and Niall stays sitting. The nurse pulls up your shirt slightly and puts the cold goo on your lower stomach. Its over in about 2 minutes. "We'll call you with the results later," The short nurse said, cleaning off your stomach. You stand up and Niall does too. You two walk out of the room and go down the stairs. You head out the doors and Niall opens the car door for you. "Thank you," You say to Niall and smile at him. "Youre welcome princess," He says, smiling back at you and closes your door. He gets in his side, starts the car, and pulls out of the clinic parking lot. You hear your phone ringing and see that its your sister. You answer it. "Hello?" "Hey Ashlie!" "Hey Zahra!" You say. You haven't talked to your sister in over 3 months. "So, mom called me yesterday and told me your good news!" "Oh yeah I totally forgot to tell you!" You told her. "Oh well you've probably got a lot on your mind right now. I've got to go but I just thought I'd say congratulations!" "Thank you! Talk to ya later!" "Bye!" You hung up the phone and shove it in your pocket. "Your sister?" Niall asks. "Yeah," You tell him. Niall and your sister had never really gotten along. As you pulled up to your house, you noticed that you had 7 new texts. You got out of the car, went in the house, and opened up the first text. "Hey Ashlie its Aiden. Just wanted to say congratulations on the baby! Can't wait to be an uncle!" Aiden was one of your 7 siblings. You had 4 brothers and 3 sisters: Aiden, Jacob, Alex, Caleb, Ana, Sarah, and Zarah. You only really kept in contact with Aiden, Zahra, and Sarah though. You texted him a quick thank you and opened the next message. "Hey Ashlie, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened with us a couple years ago and maybe we could go get lunch sometime? xoxo -Dean" Dean was your ex- boyfriend, and a total asshole. You deleted his message and sat down on the couch. The next 3 were all fan hate, which you deleted as quick as you read them, and the last 2 were from somebody who wanted Niall's phone number which you also deleted. You saw Niall go upstairs and heard him turn the TV on. You turned your music on your iPhone and started humming along to Demons by Imagine Dragons. You heard Niall's phone ring and he answered it, but you thought nothing of it, he got phone calls all the time. After the song finished, Royals came on and you sang along quietly. You had a really great singing voice, that was the only part of yourself that you were truly confident in. You just didn't show it off very often. You heard Niall coming down the stairs, and you noticed that he wasn't on the phone anymore. "Ash..." He said. "Yeah Niall?" You asked him. "That was the doctor, they found out what's wrong," He said. "Really?! What's wrong?!" You said with a hint of scaredness in your voice. "Well, there's nothing actually wrong, its nothing bad I guess, but they did find something else," He said. "And that is?" You asked him. "We're having twins."