Chapter 22

Nora James P. O. V

Anxiousness gnaws at my stomach and I lightly bite the inside of my cheek as we all walk into the foyer of the huge bricked building.

"I still don't really understand what's going on?" Ben asks in confusion as he brushes past all of us, leading the way to his office but still looking back at us, over his shoulder.

I stay quite as apprehension starts to make its appearance as well now.

I know something is clearly not right, I can feel it.

Everything seems a bit....off in a way.

Nobody seems to want to answer Ben who huffs in indignation and focuses his sole attention on leading the way instead.

I glance at Alexander who still has his hand wrapped around mine but this time it's tight, not enough to hurt but enough to show that he doesn't seem to keen on the turn of events either.

Walking through the dimly light hallway, I notice the lack of people in the building.

The only person was the attendant at the desk who has a bored look on his face, playing with his tie.

Finally Ben stops abruptly at a glass framed door and hurriedly unlocks it, motioning us to enter into the small quaint looking office.

All five of us barely fit in here.

"What exactly do you need in here?" Ben asks, looking at all of us for clues on our faces.

Hell I am just as lost as he is.

"Where was Sam sitting exactly and did he touch anything" Alexander asks rummaging through the files and papers on the desk.

Soon enough Damien strides further into the small room and starts to run his hand over the edge of the table, concealed from view.

I glance over at Greg who shrugs and looks as confused as me.

"Um," Ben says as he tries to think were exactly Sam had been throughout the office, "Well he was sitting there in that seat and then he-"

Ben gets cut off as Damien pulls his hand back emerging with a small black circular weird looking device.

"Is that-"

"Yes." Alexander huffs as he walks over to Damien taking the small device from his hand and examining it.

"It's a covert listening device, commonly known as a bug or wire." Damien answers fluidly noticing our still confused gazes.

"Like the FBI, NCIS ones?" Greg asks in fascination.

Damien narrows his eyes slightly but nods his head.

"He left his number and address as well if you need that." Ben speaks up meekly.

I swivel my head round to see him looking sheepish as I give him a blank look.

Alexander nods his head as Ben makes his way to the desk, pulling out various pieces of paper then finally pulling out a black leather notebook.

"It's all in here." Ben mutters as he hands it over to Alexander who scans through it while I look over his shoulder as he lands on the appropriate number.

"Things have definitely gotten interesting."

***********