Seven

As the dust settled around the Spring, Ava was revealed with her ears folded back and breathing heavily. Her legs were spread apart, the claws of her pawed feet were spread and dug out into the ground, her tail was pointing straight down, but it was the fact that her jaws were open and her eyes were closed that had the two Witchers on edge. "Shavah?" Dethis asked calmly and almost quietly as Ava flicked an ear.

"Ava are you in control?" Geralt's raspy voice asked as the blue eyes of the she-wolf opened. She raised her head and her gaze raked across her father and landed on Geralt. She managed to unhinge​ her claws from the ground and stood up straight with a huff, her eyes revealed that her humanity ruled over her once more and slowly, she began to walk Geralt's way, but she collapsed half-way to him.  "Looks like it's back to Regis for you." he smiled walking over to her. Dethis was closer to Ava and beat Geralt to her; they were both thankful that when Ava passed out because of any injuries, she instantly shifted back to human. Dethis picked her up and together, he and Geralt left that area.

*****

Ava awoke to a mostly comfortable bed and as she looked around she was met with the sight of Geralt standing at the window. "Geralt?" Ava managed to ask weakly causing the Witcher to turn to her.

"Ava." he studied her carefully as a look of relief crossed his face. "It's good to see you finally moving again."

"What happened?" She asked as he frowned. After he explained Ava closed her eyes to hide the pained look that was hinted at behind her eyes. Geralt walked close to her and brushed a stray strand of hair from her face.

"Shavah," Geralt spoke in a tone that had her opening her now tired eyes, "It wasn't your fault. That Wyvern was too quick for any of us and you did what you could have to save her." Geralt's voice was the type that spoke of a father attempting to calm his upset daughter after a breakup with her betrothed.

"It still hurts to know though..." Ava felt a tear slide down her left cheek. "It's my fault that she died...if I had just been quicker then I could have-!"

"Ava listen to me," Geralt commanded her gently, "that Wyvern was quicker then even you could have anticipated. Even fully trained Witchers such as Ciri, your father and I have difficulties with killing them. You managing to leap up to the height it was flying at and clipping its tail like you did proved something to all of us."

Ava looked to Geralt then, pure curiosity playing in her eyes now. "Proved what?"

"That you are to be trained as an official Witcher." Dethis walked in as Ava looked to him.

"Wh-what?" Ava asked surprised and very nervously. "Me? Like you father? But...but-"

"No buts. Your mother predicted that you would end up being mostly like me when you were still a babe." Dethis walked over and sat on the edge of the bed she sat in. "I remember that day very well." Dethis smiled at his daughter. "We weren't entirely sure if you would survive out of Adael's womb, but you proved us wrong. When she first felt you move she couldn't believe it. After you were born, you became the light and joy of our world. You are, and will always be able, to claim being the first trueborn Witcher." Dethis smiled as he reached into a pouch and produced an amulet almost like his but this one was pitch black with blue painted swirls etched into the 'fur'. "This amulet was made special by the Grandmaster Witcher for you before he passed. He saw you as a granddaughter and adored you deeply, no other can wear this amulet until you decide to pass it on." Dethis put it around her neck and she felt the heaviness of the ebony wolf head.

"Rest up for tomorrow," Yennifer spoke as all turned to her. "You, Shavah, will begin your Sorceress training as well as your Witcher training."

*****
A/N: So for all my readers who care I have been inspired to continue writing this story. I won't name who brought on the inspiration as I am extremely tired from moving all the way from Texas (I will return there one day, this I swear!) to Nebraska/Iowa (take your pick as Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA are literally across the river from one another).