Chapter Thirteen

"He's in there." The doctor pointed to a dimly lit room at the end of all. Artemis peeked her head in, and saw Dick laying in bed, hooked up to the monitor. "I'll leave you to it." Artemis moved slowly towards him and sat in the chair beside him.
"Hey," She said. Dick turned his head to look at her.
"Hi Artemis...what happened?" Dick looked around and winced when he tried to move his leg.
"From what I've heard, you got into a car accident when Barbara and Tim were driving you here...we're in Boston, and yes, before you ask, they are okay. Barbara broke her arm and Tim had to get stitches in his chest...but you Dick..." She shook her head. "The doctors were worried you weren't gonna make it." Artemis brought her knees up to her chest. "What were you thinking, running off like that with a hurt leg? Tim had been worried sick. He finally called Barbara that night you contacted him...God, and to think..." She trailed off. It was quiet for a moment.
"Think what?" Dick asked quietly.
"That we would have lost another one." A hot tear slide down her face. She sniffled and composed herself a bit. "The doctor said you called for Wally a lot while they were running tests...Do you know why?" Artemis tilted her head.
"I think....well I don't know...when I was in that coma I was pretty close to dying...I uh...well....well Artemis, I saw Wally, some sort of near-death experience. He was there and uh, helped me get the strength to wake up,but I don't remember really anything he said." He looked up at her, excepting more tears,or a shocked reaction, but instead she smiled.
"Did he say anything else?"
"Not that I can remember, just that, well I remember him smiling, I think he's happy." Dick smiled. Artemis let more tears slip down.
"I miss him."
"Me too."

----------------------------------------------
Short chapter but I'm kinda busy but I don't wanna not update so I'm trying as hard as I can
Thanks for the support!
-Bridie